Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120

/ Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120 #11  
28 years old? So is the tractor, but you plan on using that don't you?

/ Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120
Fair point.

/ Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120 #13  
If age versus function is the issue, I pick function in this case. You can always keep the Summit valve as a backup, but the Ford valve is pretty nice, plus it is a joystick which speeds usability.

/ Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120 #14  
In my limited learnings the three line are "Power" (P) to valve from pump, "Power Beyond" (PB) usually to something in rear of tractor like a backhoe and/or 3 point hitch, and a "tank" (T) line to return hydraulic oil to reservoir....IF I am wrong don't be to concerned there will be at lead 10 people to tell me so..... IF the three line are connected to a valve, check for casting marks on valve body as to what function they are (P/PB/T) ....

/ Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120 #15  
Just have to decide if having the newer valve is worth the work to modify (the valve on the loader is 2 years old while the one on the tractor is 28 years old).
All good advice above.

The factory loader valve is better in the obvious ways (joystick vs. 2-stick, already has PB), but the diagram shows it has float and probably regen as well. Easy choice.

I have used both 2-stick and joystick controls for an FEL. One of them stinks.

/ Connecting hydraulics for a Westendorf loader on a NH2120
Thanks everyone for the great input! I will be sticking with the Ford factory joystick. Now on to the next challenge which will be mounting the Westendorf loader on this tractor. Mounting brackets will need to be modified or I will need to order model specific brackets from Westendorf.