What do you drive for a truck?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #151  
That 6.0 was a workhorse. It will be interesting to see how the EcoBoost will hold up.
For real. That 6.0L was a great engine, zero problems ever. I just wish it had been given more than 4 lousy gears behind it in the trans. I bet with the newer 8-spd it could have picked up a couple more mpg.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #152  
Only 'new' vehicle I own (and it's not all that new) is my paid for in cash Ford Focus RS Turbo which is basically a way over powered roller skate. Bought it off lease in 2017 and it's a hoot and it gets it's oil changed every 5 or even less as well. I love the 6 speed box and I never worry about it getting stolen as most car thieves today only know PRNDL and it gets 40 average even with the air on.

I use 5-40 Rotella T6 in it (and everything else) as well.

Far as I'm concerned, oil and filters are the cheapest insurance against failure you can have today.

Only thing I don't like about it is, it's a GDI engine with a dry intake tract so I have to give it regular cleanings with Sea Foam injected straight into the intake behind the MAF sensor as the Sea Foam will destroy the MAF sensor. Little inconveinent but not too bad actually.

Having a 2 liter engine with 320 horses in a roller skate is always a hoot, especially for this old man. Don't hot rod it ever, but I could....lol

/ What do you drive for a truck? #153  
Only 'new' vehicle I own (and it's not all that new) is my paid for in cash Ford Focus RS Turbo which is basically a way over powered roller skate. Bought it off lease in 2017 and it's a hoot and it gets it's oil changed every 5 or even less as well. I love the 6 speed box and I never worry about it getting stolen as most car thieves today only know PRNDL and it gets 40 average even with the air on.

I use 5-40 Rotella T6 in it (and everything else) as well.

Far as I'm concerned, oil and filters are the cheapest insurance against failure you can have today.

Only thing I don't like about it is, it's a GDI engine with a dry intake tract so I have to give it regular cleanings with Sea Foam injected straight into the intake behind the MAF sensor as the Sea Foam will destroy the MAF sensor. Little inconveinent but not too bad actually.

Having a 2 liter engine with 320 horses in a roller skate is always a hoot, especially for this old man. Don't hot rod it ever, but I could....lol
Sounds like a fun little car to drive occasionally. I think there are a few issues with carbon in the gdi engines, but it sounds like you are on top of it.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #154  
When I think about it, seems like all the American trucks were great thru the 90s. Seems like after 2000 the quality started dropping as the prices starting going up and up. Unless the big 3 improve quality, my next truck will be a Tundra.

I have found just the opposite.
My 90’s trucks had weak engines, tissue paper transmissions, and low tow ratings.
If you rode with me in my Ram/Cummins, you’d think you were in a luxury vehicle with the ability to tow 40,000lbs.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #155  
Hopefully those who have RAM diesel pickup trucks didn't modify them in any way. I see the states are now moving towards not allowing owners of modified RAM diesel pickup trucks to get them license plates. or register them if modified in any way. That will be interesting to say the least.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #156  
Hopefully those who have RAM diesel pickup trucks didn't modify them in any way. I see the states are now moving towards not allowing owners of modified RAM diesel pickup trucks to get them license plates. or register them if modified in any way. That will be interesting to say the least.
How would your state know you modified your vehicle, in order to not issue a registration? Sure, in sale, you sign a thing claiming "I have not modified, removed, or caused to be removed, any emissions devices or equipment"; but thats just a signature; doesn't mean anything, just sign it and move on. Are they planning on having cops pull people over to check for emissions equip?

I know some states do inspections of some sort every year/fee years; but that's the minority of states, and no idea what they actually inspect to get your registration.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #157  
Even a lot of states that have inspections, there are varying inspection rules throughout the state. In MO we have no emissions testing outside of the cities, in my county I just need tires, brakes, muffler and lights. No windshield required, not any sort of testing.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #158  
Here is my 2004 Chevy 1500 with 105k miles(Frank) he has seen trees fall on him and deer being tossed at him.
IMG_3780.jpg

And this is my 2004 Chevy 2500HD Duramax Frank D. (220k miles LLY Diesel).

IMG_1332 (1).jpg

/ What do you drive for a truck? #159  
Sounds like California... emission inspection/pass required to renew registration printed on renewal...

Not passing emissions is one thing... tampering is a crime.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #160  
How would your state know you modified your vehicle, in order to not issue a registration? Sure, in sale, you sign a thing claiming "I have not modified, removed, or caused to be removed, any emissions devices or equipment"; but thats just a signature; doesn't mean anything, just sign it and move on. Are they planning on having cops pull people over to check for emissions equip?

I know some states do inspections of some sort every year/fee years; but that's the minority of states, and no idea what they actually inspect to get your registration.

And like that doesn’t apply to other brands of trucks?

Just Ram? :ROFLMAO: