What do you drive for a truck?

/ What do you drive for a truck? #131  
I've been driving past this '98 3500 for a while, yesterday I finally stopped to take a look. Truck.png It's what I'd like to have, although I would add a dump kit. But it's really a "want" more than a "need" and $15K is a bit more than I want to pay. Apparently a lot of other people feel the same, as it's been there since last summer.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #132  
I've been driving past this '98 3500 for a while, yesterday I finally stopped to take a look. View attachment 854682 It's what I'd like to have, although I would add a dump kit. But it's really a "want" more than a "need" and $15K is a bit more than I want to pay. Apparently a lot of other people feel the same, as it's been there since last summer.
Those are really good trucks. They are very pricey around here.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #133  
Since the 70s I went from a 78 Ford single cab long bed to a 90 Chevy extended cab short bed to 97 GMC K3500 SRW crew cab long bed to a 2000 Chevy single cab long bed and now back to a 2020 Ram 2500 crew cab short bed.

I will never go back to a single cab again unless it's not my only truck and has a specific purpose.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #134  
Since the 70s I went from a 78 Ford single cab long bed to a 90 Chevy extended cab short bed to 97 GMC K3500 SRW crew cab long bed to a 2000 Chevy single cab long bed and now back to a 2020 Ram 2500 crew cab short bed.

I will never go back to a single cab again unless it's not my only truck and has a specific purpose.
Once you use an extended cab, it would be hard to give up the extra room for tools, boots, people. I also wouldn't want less than 6-1/2' bed. The old truck I have is perfect for me.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #135  
Once you use an extended cab, it would be hard to give up the extra room for tools, boots, people. I also wouldn't want less than 6-1/2' bed. The old truck I have is perfect for me.
A few years ago I was looking at a clean '98 GMC 2500 with manual transmission, extended cab and 8 foot bed. Low mileage for the year, I believe it had been used to pull a 5th wheel camper. It was everything I wanted except- only 2WD.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #138  
Late to the thread but I drive a 1997 Ford F350 crew cab 4 wheel drive, long bed diesel that stays in the garage all winter and only get used when the weather is nice and it's really a farm truck and not a daily driver anyway. Has less than 99K miles on it. When I purchased it new in '97, it's first trip was to Ford SVO in Dearborn and they heavily modified both the engine and transmission. It's a tank.

Been offered 35 grand for it but not for sale. To replace it, I'd have to spend 100 grand and we aren't doing that.

/ What do you drive for a truck? #140  
I'd sometimes wash/clean my first car twice in a day. And with that one I wanted the visible portion to be clean, too.

Thankfully it was a small car.
In the winter time I seldom have a hose available, the nearest car wash that does the undercarriage is 45 minutes each way.