Status of Everything Attachments

/ Status of Everything Attachments #991  
Perhaps one of the e-commerce pros could enlighten us all on that aspect.

What would you like to know? The guy has been outright scamming people for months. Why take down his website now? He probably fired the only people that knew how to manage the site anyway.
There is no one that can shutter the site other than the owner short of a court order to the company hosting the website. (Godaddy and Volusion in this case)

/ Status of Everything Attachments #992  
That's funny not that I needed to but I just did a quick google search of Rut Manufacturing and low and behold up popped their website, you know that thing that you say they don't have, so do me a favor and try it again and let's see who is whistling dixie or blowing smoke. You are correct about Kaufman not taking orders over the internet and that is not how I placed my order with them, I looked over everything on their website and followed the instructions to call and place order over the phone, did the same with Rut but I like talking to a real person and I called and ordered from them the same way even though they will take online orders through their website ( the one that you say they don't have ). I guess a company that has a website but still takes orders over the phone is not an e-commerce company? Do you take any orders over the phone? Just curious.
My mistake. I assumed since they didn't bother to add their website to their google listing and seeing only Facebook, ebay and youtube links at the top that they didn't have one. Either way, they only accept payment in full on their site so I'm not sure what your point is. Yes they have a website and yes it operates like every other online store. Payment up front.

I'm done debating this topic. For better or worse, EA operated like every other ecommerce store ever run. 100% payment at the time of order. End of story.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #993  
My mistake. I assumed since they didn't bother to add their website to their google listing and seeing only Facebook, ebay and youtube links at the top that they didn't have one. Either way, they only accept payment in full on their site so I'm not sure what your point is. Yes they have a website and yes it operates like every other online store. Payment up front.

I'm done debating this topic. For better or worse, EA operated like every other ecommerce store ever run. 100% payment at the time of order. End of story.
The problem with EA is the ridiculous lead time to get implement fabricated and shipped.
I suspected they were ordering material when they had enough orders and money accumulated.
I dealt with it and received my 3 implements I ordered.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #994  

Most e-commerce sites don’t take orders when they are out of stock.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #995  
Most e-commerce sites don’t take orders when they are out of stock.
not even remotely a true statement, I ordered from 3 different sites this year that said in stock, then took 3 months to ship. you think because there is a in stock flag on the site that means anything more then a check mark in a software program?

/ Status of Everything Attachments #996  
Stinks they have closed for multiple reasons. I was considering ordering a grapple from them and glad at this point I had not pulled the trigger on this.

I see most of the comments addressing orders not being filled; however I feel the loss of this also hits all the previous customers that will no longer have access to needed parts for repairs, new blades, etc for their already purchased equipment. Sucks all around.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #997  
not even remotely a true statement, I ordered from 3 different sites this year that said in stock, then took 3 months to ship. you think because there is a in stock flag on the site that means anything more then a check mark in a software program?
Notice that I said “most”, not all.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #998  
Stinks they have closed for multiple reasons. I was considering ordering a grapple from them and glad at this point I had not pulled the trigger on this.

I see most of the comments addressing orders not being filled; however I feel the loss of this also hits all the previous customers that will no longer have access to needed parts for repairs, new blades, etc for their already purchased equipment. Sucks all around.
Agree....also, it sucks that the marketplace loses a source of a good product. I hope someone is able to keep it going (buyout?) instead of just going away.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #999  
Business failures are always a part of the landscape. Sometimes the product gets overpriced or maybe not competitive and the business owners just can't make in work. When assets get sold off, often at a lower price, a new owner can enter with that lower price and by that a lower cost of production and a bit of business savvy about what not to do.

Then you have a new viable business selling items an a lower price that the market will bear and the cycle begins anew. Running a business is difficult in good times and running big business anytime is near impossible.

We look at a big dog CEO making many millions of $$ but he's responsible for hundreds of thousands of employees, untold families and livelihoods, a product the market demands a a hundred decisions a day, any of which could sink the company. When they earn big bucks it's almost always because they earned it.

/ Status of Everything Attachments #1,000  
Well...we're up to 1,000 posts!
Logically you would think the website should be shut down immediately then those who paid but received nothing should be paid first. I'm curious how it will all play out.
If bankruptcy then creditors may get 10c on the dollar. If money was taken knowing orders couldn't be filled that's another thing entirely!
One thing for sure, if I order anything from now on I better receive it within a week or two! Point of sale is best by far.
A few years ago I bought a Deere from a local dealer. They delivered it the next day, dirty with 30 hours on it! I refused delivery, drove to the dealer as they were unloading a brand new one, plastic over seat and 0.2 hours. "This one" I said and followed delivery truck home with it.

Last edited: