Coffee scoops and coffee makers

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers
I like strong coffee so we tried 3 scoops [6 tbsp] with my 12 cup Mr. coffee. I wasn't impressed. I think 2 scoops is better. Maybe it is the brand or grind that we need to play with.

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #32  
I like strong coffee so we tried 3 scoops [6 tbsp] with my 12 cup Mr. coffee. I wasn't impressed. I think 2 scoops is better. Maybe it is the brand or grind that we need to play with.
I use a similar amount but I like mine stronger also,

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #33  
Some of you have posted about the brand you use. So, I use Gun Barrel coffee, Veteran owned, Veteran run, and $1.00 from every bag goes to Veteran groups or first responder groups.
Hope it is OK to post about a small business since the big business has been posted.

• Good Post
Reactions: D&D
   / Coffee scoops and coffee makers #34  
I've used a "Nespresso" capsule coffee machine for the last 16 years...You choose your type/size of pod and they ship your coffee to you. My last order took 3 business days to reach me here in Tasmania.
Very popular in Europe and ROW, but Keurig mostly owns the pod market on this side of the pond. They're good for office use, where everyone wants a slightly different thing, and no one is manning the pots. But they don't really make great coffee, they're expensive, and terribly wasteful for home use.

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #35  
I've used a "Nespresso" capsule coffee machine for the last 16 years. A fresh mug of coffee, in a few minutes, at a very drinkable temperature. I bought my machine from a large department store; they even demonstrated the machine (Hey! Free cup of coffee. (y) ☕)

You choose your type/size of pod and they ship your coffee to you. My last order took 3 business days to reach me here in Tasmania.

In large metropolitan cities there are also Nespresso Shops that sell everything from their machines to all varieties of their coffee pods.

I love my Nespresso since buying one two months ago. I've gone to refilling my nespresso pods which makes it about 40 cents/pod vs about $1.10/pod.

Between my wife, myself, and my daughter we go through about 20 large pods per week.

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #36  
9 level tablespoons of finely ground espresso beans for 36 oz of brewed coffee, (three 12 oz tumblers).
A 12 cup mister coffee maker is a popular size and brand. A standard coffee scoop is 2 tablespoons.
How many scoops do you use for a pot of coffee? We have been using 2 scoops for a long time but some of the literature suggests we use 4 to 6 scoops to get the Golden Ratio.

Also, does a $350 Moccamaster or Bunn coffee pot [or any high priced one] make coffee taste that much better?
Most coffee containers say one tablespoon per cup. I usually add a few more to give the coffee a little more flavor. I don’t like drinking hot water.

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #37  
We do the French Press daily, 1/2 cup high quality whole beans thru the burr grinder then into the French Press. 200+ degree filtered water. Makes two cups for the wifey and me.

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #38  
12cup Cuisinart coffee maker with a built-in grinder that we never use. We grind the beans at the supermarket grinder and I don't find that they go stale in the time it takes to go through a bag (couple months?). Sure it is a bit better fresh but nothing too dramatic.

The coffee scoop is 1/8 cup, or so it says. We make 4-6-8-10-or 12 cups. Mostly 6 or 8. I fill up the water to that level on the gage in the tank and add a little more so we actually get the desired amount with some staying in the grounds, of course. One slightly heaping scoop for every 2 cups, nominal. We do tend to grind it a little finer than the "basket" setting on the grinder, which is the filter style it has.

To me it depends more on what coffee we are using than anything else, but I am consistent in how it is measured and made.

/ Coffee scoops and coffee makers #39  
I have two purcolators; one stove top, one electric. I've used them for so long that I just keep filling until it looks right.

I like my coffee hot, and with my good travel mug it stays that way for several hours... if I don't drink it first.