Buying Advice Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors?

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #21  
I guess the definition of final isn't what we thought as in tier IV final?

They are also looking at tires for particulate matter.

The worst air in my lifetime which had never happened wasn't due to cars or industry or even a volcano...

The worst air being so bad the street lights stayed on day and night was from the hire dogs fires in Western States... days without seeing the sun.

Some fires turns out we're set on purpose by a pyro... others by lighting or accident by equipment.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #22  
tell that to my 55 year old nurse wife that died of cancer.
your statement is remarkably insensitive and adds nothing to the discussion
He said "most". Sorry for your loss.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #23  
He said "most". Sorry for your loss.
Actually, I didn't say any of that. It was an exact quote from Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders in either 1993 or 1994.

"We know that AIDS is a ravaging disease in our country that is destroying our bright, young people. ... I feel that if we do not find a vaccine, do not find a good drug ... we are going to lose our entire society. ... Most of the people who die with heart disease and cancer are our elderly population, you know, and we all will probably die with something sooner or later."

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #24  
Actually, I didn't say any of that. It was an exact quote from Surgeon General Joycelyn Elders in either 1993 or 1994.

"We know that AIDS is a ravaging disease in our country that is destroying our bright, young people. ... I feel that if we do not find a vaccine, do not find a good drug ... we are going to lose our entire society. Most of the people who die with heart disease and cancer are our elderly population, you know, and we all will probably die with something sooner or later."
You should have posted all of the quote, but what you posted was:
"You know, most of the people that die with heart disease and cancer are our elderly population, you know, and we all will probably die with something sooner or later."

The entire quote is confusing and most people who get AIDS aren't bright.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #25  
Wonder how long the commute is for those 17,000 EPA workers in the USA and now much pollution their mode of transportation spews into the air on an annual basis?

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #26  
Wonder how long the commute is for those 17,000 EPA workers in the USA and now much pollution their mode of transportation spews into the air on an annual basis?
are you suggesting it would be higher than the mean/mode per capita?? otherwise whats the point of the statement??

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #27  
I guess the definition of final isn't what we thought as in tier IV final?

They are also looking at tires for particulate matter.

The worst air in my lifetime which had never happened wasn't due to cars or industry or even a volcano...

The worst air being so bad the street lights stayed on day and night was from the hire dogs fires in Western States... days without seeing the sun.

Some fires turns out we're set on purpose by a pyro... others by lighting or accident by equipment.
As in "Tier IV Interim" in 2007 followed years later by "Tier IV Final". Nothing was said or implied about how many Tiers it will take.
My problem with all this is not the EPA, but that the EPA is going after relatively minor contributors. I'd like to see them go after at least one of the major offenders. Big Oil or Big Anything instead of always chasing the little people.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #28  
Follow the money.

Do what I say, not what I do.

Both of those sayings are why I don't believe anything the Government is saying. They don't apply any of those restrictions to what they do, and if it's OK for them to fly private jets, leave the AC running in their limo's while they are having lunch, and heat their mansions, then I'm not for changing anything in my life just because they tell me to.

Who is making money from this? The more they restrict emissions, the more they restrict energy, and the more regulations they put on what we can do, the more the Green Industry makes money selling us stuff that barely works and requires additional tax dollars to exist.

The only reason cars, trucks and tractors are so expensive is because of Government regulations. They want us to buy battery cars and tractors. We can guess why, and probably be correct, but there is no guessing that their mission is to make us all dependent on the electrical grid for everything we do.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #29  
You should have posted all of the quote, but what you posted was:
"You know, most of the people that die with heart disease and cancer are our elderly population, you know, and we all will probably die with something sooner or later."

The entire quote is confusing and most people who get AIDS aren't bright.
Wonder why the statement said “ probably die of something. I am darn sure we will ALL die of something.

/ Tier V emission standards soon for new diesel engine tractors? #30  
Seventeen thousand EPA commuters is a a lot of commuters, but only a tiny percent of the total. From Census.gov it's way less than one percent.

A question that captures more of the problem would go something like this:

" Since all commuters contribute to the pollution problem, and the EPA workers number less than 1%, then how many of the other 99+% are working to find a solution? "

If we can solve this, we need the number of people working on a solution to be a larger percent of the total.

rScotty