Any pricing yet on the new E tractors?

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #61  
Here's a little info on a new toy:that everyone would want???????
View attachment 832444
PriceStarts at $88,998*
Peak Motor Power70 hp
Drive Train4 Wheel Drive
Charge PortJ1772 Type 1 (up to 80 A)
PTO Power40 hp
3-Point HitchCAT I/II
willy
That looks like that JD 4020 Chip Foose modified. I almost shed tears when I saw what he had done to a beautiful classic JD 4020.

362.jpg

Last edited:
   / Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #62  
Where are you going to charge you tractor when planting season arrives or harvest season and tillage. The crop and the weather are not going to wait for your tractor or combine to charge up for 18 hours. Many farmer run almost 24/7 when harvest season comes. They pull a fuel trailer out into the fields to fuel up their equipment on the spot so they can keep going. Are you gonna tow your electric tractor back to the barn or shop every 6 hours for it to recharge? An electric tractor isn't feasible for anyone who makes their living farming full time.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #63  
That looks that that JD 4020 Chip Foose modified. I almost shed tears when I saw what he had done to a beautiful classic JD 4020.

View attachment 833193
Just another idiot in my book and another idiot with deep pockets will assuredly buy it for some inflated price.
My guess is there will be zero of ANYTHING built today still operating in 40 years. LOL
And at that point my Allis Chalmers will be 104 years old and still going. LOL
Like me, you won't be (here).....

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #64  
Here's a little info on a new toy:that everyone would want???????
View attachment 832444
PriceStarts at $88,998*
Peak Motor Power70 hp
Drive Train4 Wheel Drive
Charge PortJ1772 Type 1 (up to 80 A)
PTO Power40 hp
3-Point HitchCAT I/II
willy
European design, mid mount rops. No cab, no climate control and probably a spring ride seat. One thing I've learned about Li-Ion Batteries, at least quality Samsung ones is, they deliver full amperage right to the bitter end and then die quickly and Harbor Freight uses Samsung cells in their cordless tools. 88 grand is about double what I paid new for my one M9000 and it's loaded too. 2 speed PTO, creep gears auxiliary hydraulics on the FEL, ATI quick SSQA quick detach, full cab with every option, front wheel assist with front and rear locking diffs, air ride seat, 3 sets of remotes with flow control, outside 3 point control valving, draft control, heated cab side and rear windows with rear window wiper, tilt wheel and at that time, a large payment book with no rebates or 0 percent financing either. My favorite tractor of the three I own and it has lots of balls too. 90 pto ponies and is excellent on fuel usage as well. Actually all 3 have around 90 PTO ponies. All paid off long ago.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #65  
They pull a fuel trailer out into the fields to fuel up their equipment
So do I actually if I need to. Have a 150 gallon diesel tank that goes in the pickup truck and I radio my wife on the FM transceiver and have her bring it out. That is pretty rare for me to do actually. I have my field work down to a science after all the years of doing it, so I know about how much diesel I will use and plan accordingly.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #66  
Just to make you think more about buying an electric tractor. I just saw on our local news a guy bought a new Hyundai electric car and the battery failed at 170,000 KM, just outside the warranty and dealer quoted him $50,000 to replace battery.

I can get a studded, fully built 6 0 Powerstroke diesel crate engine for 16 grand Canadian out of Alberta. LOL

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors?
Just to make you think more about buying an electric tractor. I just saw on our local news a guy bought a new Hyundai electric car and the battery failed at 170,000 KM, just outside the warranty and dealer quoted him $50,000 to replace battery.

I can get a studded, fully built 6 0 Powerstroke diesel crate engine for 16 grand Canadian out of Alberta. LOL
But think of all the gas he saved 😂

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #68  

Get a 7.3 crate engine with forged rods. Much better engine if you can find one. 50 grand for a toaster battery...WOW.

Don't tell Gale Hawkins that. He'll drop a loaf in his drawers.

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #69  
I would be very leary of getting equipment that's electric. I know they make tractors, skid steers, mini excavators and so on. Claim a 4hr run time. Thats probably moving loose dirt. So maybe half the time if you are moving hard virgin soil. Car battery life is 7-10 years with a i believe a warranty thats around that time as well. If they are only offering 3 year warranty on the battery. That in itself is a huge red flag. I keep my tractor in the garage so I would not want a electric tractor sitting in my garage b/c of possible fire concerns. The tech in my opinion is still a ways off. Honestly im not sure I will ever get there with it. Especially as they pass policies to do away with one tech so that another tech can become the new norm. All based on science that nobody completely understands. They claim that we are always on the cusp of bad **** b/c of CO2. Yet volcanoes erupt every month and nothing happens. Or atleast to the claims that are being made for this quick transition into debt and new tech to replace current infrastructure and tech. Sounds like fugazzi to me

/ Any pricing yet on the new E tractors? #70  
Car battery life is 7-10 years with a i believe a warranty thats around that time as well.
Automotive batteries ALL have a pro-rated warranty, no exceptions, which equates to end of warranty, it's worth ZIP. I change out all my starting batteries every 4 years. I keep them topped off with distilled water (even the so called maintenance free ones) and I keep the terminals all clean and bright as well as the main grounds to the frame and they all get coated with anti-corrosion treatment, I use Fluid Film clear on them. When my tractors sit a long time (in the winter), I disconnect them from the tractors with a positive disconnect knife switch in the NEGATIVE post, never the POSITIVE as there will always be a litte parasitic drain and flooded cell batteries only have internal drain at about 5% per month when idle and finally, I buy ALL my batteries at a volume dealer, in my case, a heavy truck dealership because they turn over batteries quickly and keep in mind that ANY flooded cell storage battery, ONCE the electrolyte is added, the battery is slowly dying sitting on the shelf waiting for you to buy it and heavy truck batteries are all way over built compared to box store batteries. Built withstand vibration much better. I like Interstates (Johnson Controls) and Alliance (Freightliner) batteries.