What did you buy this week?

/ What did you buy this week? #281  
Curious if that burnt up Yamaha had lithium batteries in it? Thermal runaway is a real danger with some compositions. Like early laptop and cellphone batteries.

Last edited:
   / What did you buy this week? #283  
Curious if that burt up Yamaha had lithium batteries in it? Thermal runaway is a real danger with some compositions. Like early laptop and cellphone batteries.
It was standard lead acid batterys, (4x12v) about 4 years old. When shopping for a new cart I avoidEd lithium. For both combustibility concerns and higher price. I did wonder while squirting the burning cart with the water hose how burning lithium batteries would have reacted.

The pressure treated pine steps had just started to burn from the radiant heat. So +500 degrees. The Trex composite deck boards fared very well, just charred a little.

One early firefighting thought, “Buy bigger fire extinguishers!” Those smaller 4 Lb ones last 7-8 seconds. 😵‍💫

/ What did you buy this week? #284  
IMG20240415095643~2.jpg

/ What did you buy this week? #285  
It was standard lead acid batterys, (4x12v) about 4 years old. When shopping for a new cart I avoidEd lithium. For both combustibility concerns and higher price. I did wonder while squirting the burning cart with the water hose how burning lithium batteries would have reacted.

The pressure treated pine steps had just started to burn from the radiant heat. So +500 degrees. The Trex composite deck boards fared very well, just charred a little.

One early firefighting thought, “Buy bigger fire extinguishers!” Those smaller 4 Lb ones last 7-8 seconds. 😵‍💫
I'm with ya there, I have five, 10 pound extinguishers scattered around our place. Two of them are old Halonite extinguishers.
fire ext.jpg

/ What did you buy this week? #286  
It's pretty rare for a LA battery cart to spontaneously combust. Was it charging?
For your own safety you can't have a too many fire extinguishers or guns or dogs. ;)

/ What did you buy this week? #288  
Went and bought a couple things at Costco.
I win!:cool:

How is it that with the best of intentions you walk through the doors and go insane with what you need at Costco?
My list shouldn't have cost me much more than $40.
$1100 later...
Stuff was discounted. I made a fortune in savings.
But... my wallet is empty?:cry:

/ What did you buy this week? #289  
I bought new straps and bolt on clevises for my dump trailer. Gotta haul my tractor up north this week.