Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,792  
Cold Today
1705147882084.png

/ Good morning!!!! #183,793  
48, but that's the high for today.

Ron, incredible photo today...glad you got some snow.

Mostly, hope you're feeling better today.

Rain ended, but still have a windy, angry set of clouds out. Need to empty the woodstove ashpan and get the fire roaring.

Hiked our woods yesterday...all of the rain had flooded the bottom, created a log and debris dam on the creek, and flooded over my bridge too deep to cross with my regular hiking boots. Glad I brought all of the firewood rounds up to the shed before the last storm. It looks like it might be a while before getting back there.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,794  
Good morning, the low is 25 and going to a high of 28°F. Wind E 22 gusting to 28 mph. Snow at times heavy and blowing snow.

Gonna be a bit of a challenge to clean up, nothing I can't handle though. Might plow later this afternoon and into this evening. I will do everybody else in daylight and reserve this place for after dark.
6" so far on the ground, from overnight.
THE most time consuming part of this go-round of plowing will be this place.
The upper part near the house will take about ten passes to get it all back where I want it, then there is the pathway to the compost pile. I usually plow that with the bucket.

check, I was just about to send the army out to search for you. Hadn't heard from you in almost a month.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #183,795  
Good Morning Guys,
Vt, 34 to start and going to 44 before dropping in the afternoon!
Thomas the winds here are like a freight train ! Can’t believe we didn’t lose power yet ! 😳
Of course no power no shop time ! 😩

Now if we drive south and back home in a 20 mile loop there are 4 major grocery chains, a Wally, a Kubota, Home Depot, TSC, 8 gas stations (no E0), about 20 coffee shops and now I just realized we need to move. NH used to be nice place to live 😂
NHBX, we have nothing around here, we have to travel into Ny or a pretty good run north east to Rutland for shopping! We do have a Price Shopper in Granville, Ny and a TSC ! That cuts the traffic situation down, like almost no traffic ! Fine with me, I don’t come here to look at cars !!
Unfortunately dad passed when I was 4yo, mom kept the greenhouse going for a couple years before it fell into disrepair
NHBX, beautiful memories, sorry your Dad passed away while you were so young ! I still can remember my trips to my grandparents farm in the Catskills as a boy ! Great memories !

Hope everyone has a great day ! 🙏

Attachments

• IMG_3739.jpeg
    IMG_3739.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #183,797  
45 outside right now. I think that will be the high for today.

Lots of standing water everywhere....yuck.

The girls are all on the way home, since we all missed our Christmas get together, it will be great to see them all.

Not much on the agenda for today, at least we are not dealing with snow...ice dams..ice...wind...so it is all good here.

Hope all have a good weekend, be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,798  
good morning

Pond is overflowing again on our driveway from relatively smaller rain fall last night

Neighbor is trying to blame saturated ground from prior rain fall for the issue but also said will have someone look at it.
May have to get the county out to look at it to move this along
The 16 inch overflow pipe is only running half flow because he had installed a sleeved insert on the inlet side to fix the corroded inlet pipe and looks like the reduced diameter is restricting the flow. Also the embankment has settled over the years creating a new overflow spillway point emptying into our driveway.

D's plan to be off for long weekend was scrapped due to an issues that came up and now back to long workdays

Massey, we shop the same way. Wife has this perfected to an art saving us 1000's each year. Practice from shopping for large family is engrained. The only issue is she has a hard time scaling down. We are not 11 people any more just 2
Good luck with your water issue.

Do apply the pressure to get it right.

My neighbor elevated his yard, acres worth, by a significant amount and created a whole new flood plain on our property. It screws us over to this day. My county now has laws against work like that.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,799  
Good morning! 35˚F heading to the mid 60s before the bottom drops out. North winds start at 9 P.M.and stay with us till Wednesday. Lows will be in the low teens with a possibility of ice and snow. All the citrus plants are in the garage here and the water is turned off at the estates house and the propane tank is filled with 100 gallons @ $2.82 a gallon.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,800  
Good Morning still have fever but aches and pains not as bad

Sodamo sorry for your loss of BIL. It is going to cold here to but if I’m still sick inside I stay

Helo I love peoples ideas especially ones from other Countries

NHBX nice story had to wipe a tear thanks for sharing

Prayers for all our Country