Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,781  
When we moved to NH about 45 years ago grocery or any type shopping was an event! Now if we drive south and back home in a 20 mile loop there are 4 major grocery chains, a Wally, a Kubota, Home Depot, TSC, 8 gas stations (no E0), about 20 coffee shops and now I just realized we need to move. NH used to be nice place to live 😂

/ Good morning!!!! #183,783  
When we moved to NH about 45 years ago grocery or any type shopping was an event! Now if we drive south and back home in a 20 mile loop there are 4 major grocery chains, a Wally, a Kubota, Home Depot, TSC, 8 gas stations (no E0), about 20 coffee shops and now I just realized we need to move. NH used to be nice place to live 😂
Also whinners selfish people multiplying plus property taxes...couple more years Mrs. retires taillights down the road.

/ Good morning!!!! #183,784  
The community I live in has about 22,000 residents. There are 2 grocery stores to shop at in town. Alway crowded. Near the Sam’s Club there is Kroger, Meijer and Walmart. Kroger has sales to get you in store. Everything else is higher priced than other stores. Meijer has fair prices. But their checkout and people that are there too assist customers. Act like the police. Put them on my do not shop at list. Walmart has fair prices. Not so good fruits and vegetables. Make sure to check expire dates.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #183,785  
At 3am in Beautiful Northern Nevada it is 36F, going to 46F today.

Here is a pix of a recent visitor. I know its a female because she had two cubs with her. Each year in early winter the garbage cans get raided for a few weeks, then the bears disappear for the winter.

BearDriveway1.jpg

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #183,786  
Good Morning!

God has given us another chance to get it right (or at least not screw up to badly).

33.8F going to barely break into then40s, sunny day forecasted.

going in to work for first try of weekending, two days off on a weekday were nice for shopping and administrative tasks, even though yesterday was heavy rain from noon until after dark. I had to fire up one of my vintage coleman lanterns so I could get 150lbs of chicken feed pellets into the storage drum in the dark!

There is a doggy daycare right across the highway from work, Harry will be attending four days a week to preclude any more “creativity” and to give Bailey a break. Drop him off on the way in, pick him up on the way home. $20/day is a small investment for everyone’s health and sanity!

and now, coffee.

i hope everyone has a happy healthy safe blessed day!

/ Good morning!!!! #183,787  
Well, I really dont know why US govt likes to look so, but yeah, from general public's pov it looks like endless charity.
But is you really think that US govt is like St Nicholas, flying in red sledge and throwing presents to peasants.... how to bring it polite... let's say - it's just not like this.

Now charity even is not on table. Our army have got Black Hawks, ordered HIMARS, Patriot. And we are paying full.

Many moons back US army have donated to our army Chevrolet trucks. Ambulances, delivery pick-ups. Yeah, we got them free. And that was a great move, we are really thankful.
No problem they was 20 years old. All army vehicles normally are in good shape, doesnt matter how old they are
Now they are in army museum:
View attachment 846448

I have seen report of that transition (there was some emergency medicine vehicles too). US govt bookkeeping has written off like millions worth vehicles. In their statements they consider not value of THAT vehicle but value of substitute. They logic is - ok, we donated one old Blazer and now we have to replace it. With new Humvee. So according bookkeeping that "Blazer's charity" "cost" to American taxpayer "1.000.000 $". But in fact that's just publicity stunt.

We have that saying - do not check teethes of horse you got for free. We really don't. But I really don't get why your govt likes to inflate those figures

Anyway, make no mistake - your govt doesnt spend US taxpayer money for nothing. They always get something in return. Sometimes not directly, sometimes not very transparent (I am trying to be super-diplomatic here), but they are not throwing your money from flying sledge

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for off-topic, just got a feeling that it has to be said
There is also a phrase about “Charity begins at home”, yet the folks at Lahaina got a measly $700, and the train wreck victims in Ohio are mostly forgotten.

if I say any more I get TBN timeout…

/ Good morning!!!! #183,788  
But seed catalogs coming in, makes me wish I still had a greenhouse and a big veggie garden.
Maybe after I stop traveling in rv, that will be next.
Drew, one of the best winter pleasures is looking through the seed catalogs and planning a garden. Although I don’t have a greenhouse it’s always been on the wish list! One of my fondest memories of being a kid was being in my dad’s greenhouse and smelling geraniums. Dad was a cop but his passion was flowers and he had one of the big old wooden greenhouses with the hand cranks and gears to operate the windows and vents, I can’t imagine what something like that would cost today. Must be where my love of plants and gardening comes from. Unfortunately dad passed when I was 4yo, mom kept the greenhouse going for a couple years before it fell into disrepair and was demolished about 10 yrs later. To this day when I walk into a greenhouse the smell of geraniums will stop me in my tracks. Well that’s enough rambling for now, need go wipe a tear.