Do old license plates have collectors value?

/ Do old license plates have collectors value? #1  

Hay Dude

Super Star Member
Tractor
Challenger MT655E, Massey Ferguson 7495, Challenger MT535B, Krone 4x4 XC baler, Kubota F3680 & ZD331 Ram 5500 Cummins 4x4, IH 7500 4x4 dump truck, Kaufman 35’ tandem 19 ton trailer, John Deere CX-15
I have a couple. Is there a source that puts value on older license plates?

/ Do old license plates have collectors value? #2  
It depends on condition. Some states will not let you restore or repaint the plates. A lot of classic car owners look for them at flea markets or online to put on their cars. In good to excellent condition they sell for $50-150 a set. Beat up old plates have little value. I have two classic cars but use standard issue historic vehicle plate from DMV. The TV show guys (Pickers) seem to pay a fortune for old plates.

/ Do old license plates have collectors value?
Here’s the one I have

IMG_4381.jpeg

/ Do old license plates have collectors value? #4  
I have a bunch of old Maryland and Pennsylvania plates that my late Father had in his garage. For grins, I put a set of matching MD Bicentennial plates on eBay and they were snatched up in a matter of minutes. Don't remember the price, but under $100.

/ Do old license plates have collectors value?
That appears to be an old PA motorcycle plate last registered in 69 based on the sticker.
Yeah I figured that, too.
Didn’t know if it was a collectors item

/ Do old license plates have collectors value? #7  
Yeah I figured that, too.
Didn’t know if it was a collectors item
I sure that somewhere there is a guy with an old restored M/C that would want that plate. Maybe an ad placed on CL or FB might get some interest. Can't see it would be worth much but I'm cheap and wouldn't pay a lot for it.

/ Do old license plates have collectors value? #8  
I see them in antique stores all the time but never paid attention to how much they were priced.

/ Do old license plates have collectors value? #9  
Ebay, to reach the broadest audience.

There's a 1923 CA plate nailed high on the wall in my barn - the only clue I can find about the age of the various buildings here.

/ Do old license plates have collectors value? #10  
I have a California black plate off of my 65 Mustang!