To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID"

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #71  
I renewed my D/L in March 2019. I had the documents but she said she didn't need to see them. Hmmm. I later realized Missouri is kicking the can on the issue. My passport expired and of the year so I sent in for renewal knowing they were backed up issuing passports. They claimed 10-13 weeks but I got mine in 7 weeks.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #72  
I'm not going back through this thread.

My state issued an option for driver's licenses. You could get a RealID compatible one for a higher fee that a standard, but as I recall, it was for a shorter term. They also offered an 8 year standard version for slightly less that what it would cost for two 4 year terms. I went with the 8 year option so I may not ever have to go back again. Maybe, who knows.

But I also found out that the VA Medical Card qualifies for air travel and base access. And there is no charge for that one. Last trip into town I stopped by the local clinic and they processed it in about 5 minutes with no hassels or document requirements. Card arrived in the mail a week later.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #73  
Dropped my wife off outside the terminal at BNA Nashville a couple of days ago. She brought up the days when it was easy to park and I could walk inside with her to the gate. No ids. No checkpoints. No hassle.

Cars were lined up bumper to bumper to bumper just to drop off and pick up travelers.

How times have changed.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #74  
About the only thing that hasn't changed is that almost everything changes.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #75  
Got mine a few months ago...... It was super easy. Yet, $57.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #77  
Wow 2025

Good to know that

Resistance Isn't Futile...

18 years since the house, senate, and George B JR signed the real ID bill into law.
At one time iianm They were going to enforce having real ID to enter a federal building as well. Unfortunately here our county clerk is housed in the same building which means paying the property taxes would /will have to be paid by mail or online.

Heck with all of the ways to scoop up info now it won't mean much difference, just more money and extra hassle at this point.
Still Glad another couple years till I have to conform.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #78  
No child left behind fundamentally changed local education , too. One of the local math teachers who continues to teach past his normal retirement age was told he couldn't make up his own test for his math class. It was just the monthly test to see how his students were coming along, not the annual standard test. I don't think they care whether students learn math as much as they care about making sure they test well on the state's standarized testing. And they wonder why they can't find math teachers.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID"
In WI,
  • Upgrade to a REAL ID-compliant card for no additional fee when you renew.

/ To fly Oct 1st you need "Real ID" #80  
No child left behind fundamentally changed local education , too. One of the local math teachers who continues to teach past his normal retirement age was told he couldn't make up his own test for his math class. It was just the monthly test to see how his students were coming along, not the annual standard test. I don't think they care whether students learn math as much as they care about making sure they test well on the state's standarized testing. And they wonder why they can't find math teachers.
That is not a requirement of the law. That is some district or state looking for power and conformity. We had our state and district tests, in addition to class ones. Even had tests that our department shared so we could compare results (typically only for course that had a state test). Nothing stopped me from having my own tests. Here, teachers are the final arbiters of grades and such.