Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #231  
Does anyone else not care what equipment another person uses or what another person thinks of the equipment I use?

Some of yall brand defenders are more passionate than a "social justice warrior", "brand reputation warriors" lol.

Thanks for the fun read everyone!

Most people don't spend enough seat time on different brands to truly know if theirs is better or worse than another.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #232  
Does anyone else not care what equipment another person uses or what another person thinks of the equipment I use?

Some of yall brand defenders are more passionate than a "social justice warrior", "brand reputation warriors" lol.

Most people don't spend enough seat time on different brands to truly know if theirs is better or worse than another.
True... I at least test drove a few prior to buying. I know a lot of folks who don't even do that.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #233  

Some people are into sports, I like tractors. Also trucks, trains, etc.

These days they'd probably call me autistic or some such thing. 🤣

Most of the machines available in the North American market are solid, reliable tractors; I don't understand the reason for dismissing that, a good machine is a good machine and a good comfortable machine should be appreciated by everyone. From there you get into dealer networks, parts availability, regional popularity, color; but none of the brands are inherently junk.

Now it seems Chinese tractors still have some a lot of growing to do, but even they have their fans.

Last edited:
   / Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #234  
We're supposed to start getting these in January.
In my opinion, they should have kept the aluminum colored wheels as now the tractor looks like the monochrome appearance of say a Kioti, Tym or Kubota.

Last edited:
   / Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #235  
Most of the lesser brands are good products but the companies seem to fail on warranty, poor design or manufacturing issues. All companies have these issues but not all companies take responsibility and they pay for it with marketplace bad blood.

How many horror stories have we read of a manufacturer unwilling to address a known problem or even return calls from a customer? Who has the easiest to get parts? Who has the customer first? My former company CEO answered his own phone.

We recently bought an expensive telescope to watch watch wildlife. Oops, I dropped it and totaled it with smashed glass and bent tubing. The dealer suggested I send it to the company so I did, with a note explaining my fault and asked if they could fix it and send me a bill. They sent me a new one. Guess whose products we tell everyone about?

30 years ago, when Kubota was new, I had an M8950, 100 horse tractor and needed a failed part fast when I lived very remote. The dealer was on it in two seconds, Kubota parts five states away broke the rules and overnighted my parts without a penny changing hands. I settled next day. Lesser things like this happened over time, dealers returned my calls and now I have lots of Kubotas and lots of parts.

Let me say that all products sell for exactly the same price when all things known or suspected by customers are considered. A $50,000 tractor is the exact same price as a $40,000 tractor because buyers reward the hassle free one with a premium and penalize the lower one with a discount for known or feared issues. It's always been this way.

Last edited:
   / Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #236  
Why I have 2 M series Kubota's presently and 10 previously. My Kubota purchases all revolve around my dealer who is stellar. I could buy any brand, they are all within a 30 mile radius but my dealer is very attentive to my needs.

Always maintained that whatever you purchase, make sure the servicing dealer is good and never buy any tractor from a far away dealer because in the end, you'll pay for the lower price when you need service or parts and you will at some point.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #237  
30 years ago, when Kubota was new, I had an M8950, 100 horse tractor and needed a failed part fast when I lived very remote. The dealer was on it in two seconds, Kubota parts five states away broke the rules and overnighted my parts without a penny changing hands. I settled next day. Lesser things like this happened over time, dealers returned my calls and now I have lots of Kubotas and lots of parts.
The world was a different place thirty years ago. It was a different place 2 years ago. We can hold on to an idealistic past but the future is nowhere close to what once was. The models are rapidly changing. The typical consumer expects less and less for their dollar. Customer service is press 2 for English, however the person answering rarely is proficient in English.
The mom and pop businesses are either being gobbled up by corporations or forced out. The developers aren’t bringing good things with them.

I just noticed the other day that things being built between Fredericksburg, Va and Washington DC are primarily fast food something, microwave “fine dining”, senior living and medical care. Real estate is high and being gobbled up quickly. No need for tractors and equipment.

/ Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #238  
Another thing that is different is the complexity of today's tractors and the cost of repairing them.

I just traded in a Mahindra 3525 because I couldn't find anyone near me I trusted to repair it, including the Mahindra dealer that sold it to me. The repair involves having to disassemble much of the rear end of the tractor to replace two $39 seals. It's sort of a simple job, but time consuming and labor intensive.

Replaced it with a MX5200 on the theory there are four decent Kubota dealers near me. Surely one can do a repair if I need it, but another part of me wonders if that's really true in a practical sense given the complexity of the MX and what the repair bills will be on it when something breaks.

Many farms (what's left of them) are disappearing around here, especially in areas where there is high population growth.

Last edited:
   / Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #239  
Why I prefer pre 4 tractors (I have 2) and everything mechanical. I'm not at all into fancy electronics or electric controlled PTO's or any of that stuff. Basically nothing I cannot fix myself and if it requires dealer intervention, I have an excellent dealer. I do have a right hand front axle outboard planetary seal leaking and I have the parts but I'll probably have Dennis do it. Too many loading big round bales on semi trailers in the hayfield I suspect. It's not bad, just weeps a bit and Dennis told me not to be concerned about it, so I'm basically ignoring it for now. On the 6000 hour tractor.

Last edited:
   / Dealers Not Accepting Some Brands on Trade #240  
Another thing that is different is the complexity of today's tractors and the cost of repairing them.

I just traded in a Mahindra 3525 because I couldn't find anyone near me I trusted to repair it, including the Mahindra dealer that sold it to me. The repair involves having to disassemble much of the rear end of the tractor to replace two $39 seals. It's sort of a simple job, but time consuming and labor intensive.

Replaced it with a MX5200 on the theory there are four decent Kubota dealers near me. Surely one can do a repair if I need it, but another part of me wonders if that's really true in a practical sense given the complexity of the MX and what the repair bills will be on it when something breaks.

Many farms (what's left of them) are disappearing around here, especially in areas where there is high population growth.

You landed on the MX? Awesome! I hope to see pictures when you bring her home!