STIHL Zero-Turn

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #61  
Briggs and Staton engine for Stihl zeroturn mower , are they made in China or USA
Good question. I know some Briggs engines are made in China today, but all, I don't know. I would prefer a Kawasaki myself as I have 2 on my ZTR's and both are basically trouble free (except valve adjustments).

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #62  
My Kawasaki FR730V on my Country Clipper has hydraulic lifters and no valve adjustment - no provision for adjustment at all. I found this out AFTER removing the valve covers. The Kawasaki manual that came with the mower gave a valve lash spec but failed to tell that it was non-adjustable. I had already bought the gaskets ...

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #63  
Briggs and Staton engine for Stihl zeroturn mower , are they made in China or USA
USA: see 2017 press release:

“Briggs & Stratton Corp. is moving production from Japan to its existing facilities in the southern United States, the Wauwatosa-based company announced Monday in a news release.

Production will go to the company's manufacturing facilities in Statesboro, Ga., and Auburn, Ala. Currently, its V-Twin Vanguard engines are made in Japan. Briggs & Stratton will create 50 new jobs at each facility, according to the release.”

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #64  
That, in my view, is a good deal. My Kawasaki don't and valve adjustment is critical to cold starts as the exhaust valves actuate the compression release so proper adjustment is always required to get a cold engine started. Little buggers have lots of compression and marginal starters.

My rocker covers have no gaskets either, never have. I just apply some sealer to the cover flange and install them. I do the valves every spring when I change the oil and oil filter prior to mowing season. Marginally messy job too.

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #65  
USA: see 2017 press release:

“Briggs & Stratton Corp. is moving production from Japan to its existing facilities in the southern United States, the Wauwatosa-based company announced Monday in a news release.

Production will go to the company's manufacturing facilities in Statesboro, Ga., and Auburn, Ala. Currently, its V-Twin Vanguard engines are made in Japan. Briggs & Stratton will create 50 new jobs at each facility, according to the release.”
The twin vanguard engines are what are in the Stihl zero turn mowers. Because I have one.

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #66  
One thing for certain and that is, they aren't made in Milwaukee, Wisconsin today as the factory is closed except for engineering. No production there and hasn't been for years. I believe high labor cost and suffocating union rule cause them to close up shop there.

Sadly, I see the same fate for domestic automakers still based in greater Detroit. With a looming UAW strike and what I consider insane demands, what is left of the not so big 3 will be moving out to greener pastures.

Auto makers are in a bad spot today. Lower profits, higher materials costs, insane union demands and a weak market will drive the move.

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #67  
they need to quit going in debt with the shaky economy and increasing interest rates.
Why? Just put it all on visa and mastercard then ignore the phone calls.

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #68  
One thing for certain and that is, they aren't made in Milwaukee, Wisconsin today as the factory is closed except for engineering. No production there and hasn't been for years. I believe high labor cost and suffocating union rule cause them to close up shop there.

Sadly, I see the same fate for domestic automakers still based in greater Detroit. With a looming UAW strike and what I consider insane demands, what is left of the not so big 3 will be moving out to greener pastures.

Auto makers are in a bad spot today. Lower profits, higher materials costs, insane union demands and a weak market will drive the move.
I believe the Stihl and Ferris mowers are built in either their VA or NC plants. The motor says USA, but I’m not sure where they’re built.

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #69  
The twin vanguard engines are what are in the Stihl zero turn mowers. Because I have one.
All RTW states and basically non union I might add. I have no issue with unions, heck I was a Teamster for decades and believe me, I disliked paying union dues and really getting nothing in return and finally quit the union job and went to work for a non union outfit and I'm glad I did actually. My Teamster retirement is peanuts compared to my 'scab' employer's retirement and every year it's less because the Teamsters retirement fund is going broke.

/ STIHL Zero-Turn #70  
Wherever the Stihl ZT mowers are built, the 4 wheel suspension makes them awesome for mowing. A very smooth ride.