Vehicle Tire Pressure Sensors

/ Vehicle Tire Pressure Sensors #41  
I have a 2010 Challenger and they went out about a year and a half ago. Supposedly they are self learning on that car and will work without doing anything but replacing them. I know there are some generic ones but there can be compatibility issues. I wonder if they put the wrong ones in.

/ Vehicle Tire Pressure Sensors
Remember in 50’s-60’s when cars had COLD instrument cluster lamp?

/ Vehicle Tire Pressure Sensors #45  
Remember in 50’s-60’s when cars had COLD instrument cluster lamp?
That might have been a GM thing. My parents had a '63 Chevy with one of those, don't recall ever seeing it on anything else. I had a '65 in the early 70s and it didn't have that.

/ Vehicle Tire Pressure Sensors #46  
I had an Olds that had it, don't recall just which one it was now.

/ Vehicle Tire Pressure Sensors #48  
Rock Auto is about 50% of that price.
Trouble with Rock Auto is they stick it to you on shipping.

Never fails, you order more than one item, each one comes from a separate warehouse and you get charged 2x for shipping.
I've found the same thing with snowmobile/ATV parts ordered online. Listed price a little cheaper, but once you add shipping you might as well go to the dealer.

/ Vehicle Tire Pressure Sensors #49  
It seems like a new profit center for tire dealers.

With $5 disposals fees pet tire are in addition to the state recycle fee collected... tire invoice reads like a cell phone bill with all the added charges and fees.

I've taken my old tires home for a free once a year pickup... saved $40 that year...
Not all tire places. Town Fair tire's prices on the TPMS sensors are well below what anyone else, including an independent shop charges.
My town charges $5 and up for tires at the dump...about the same the tire shops charge. I just let the shop deal with it.

/ Vehicle Tire Pressure Sensors #50  
GM sensor number 13540600 online from "gm parts online" is only $56.
I have 3 sets of tires with those sensors over 10 years old with no problems.