Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #551  
I'm interested in purchasing one of these units. For posterity sake, I'm sharing these details:

YFE10S (New design) 1 ton excavator. $2990
Unit will have swing boom (+$400), telescopic chassis (+$550), hydraulic thumb (+$150), quick hitch (+$90), 200mm bucket, 800mm bucket, raker (+$90), auger drill (+$330) with shipping to port $4,900usd. These prices are listed prices, have yet to negotiate anything.

The agent I'm working with says it comes with a hydraulic oil cooler and I can pick my color.

Assuming I increase this price by 50% for tax tariff and other fees; I should be driving away from the port with this unit for $7,350.

How does this sound to you all?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #552  
The tariff is 25%.
How did you figure the total price?
The machine and all those attachments is $4600. $350 for shipping?

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #553  
The tariff is 25%.
How did you figure the total price?
The machine and all those attachments is $4600. $350 for shipping?
Yes, that is what the agent I'm working with through alibaba is telling me. I'm using 50% as a worst case scenario number. I'm glad to hear it should be less than that.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #554  
So, under $7K total. Nice.

I assume yours is just like the one I posted about, with no counterweight and no hyd return filtration. Filtration is really really important. Even the cheapest log splitters sold usually have it.
I was very happy with the price.

Yes, mine is the same as your posted mini-x. I am wanting to add some weight to the back. Do you think I could add 3-400 lbs without trouble?

I am looking at screw on filter assemblies. They range from 10-30 microns or so. Any thoughts on the appropriate filter size? Also, I can’t find any information on the digget em15 hydraulic pump gpm rating. I’d love a ballpark number so that I can size the filter fairly close.

I found metric din fittings and adapters at discounthydraulichose.com, does anyone have a better source, their prices and selection seemed ok. Again, this is all new to me.

Im thinking about sharing some pictures as I go, I like to do little mods. Hopefully you all wouldn't mind. I have really enjoyed this thread and there is not much out there for the import mini-x’s. This is my version of a hot rod.

Thanks, Mark

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
I am looking at screw on filter assemblies. They range from 10-30 microns or so. Any thoughts on the appropriate filter size? Also, I can’t find any information on the digget em15 hydraulic pump gpm rating. I’d love a ballpark number so that I can size the filter fairly close.
SurplusCenter has a very good and inexpensive 10 micron hyd filter system. Look at my installation above. This should be top priority.

I would estimate the hyd pump is between 5 and 10 GPM at 3600 RPM.

If you find any info at all on the Diggit EM15, please share. I have not found anything, including which factory made it.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #556  
SurplusCenter has a very good and inexpensive 10 micron hyd filter system. Look at my installation above. This should be top priority.

If you find any info at all on the Diggit EM15, please share. I have not found anything, including which factory made it.
SurplusCenter rocks!

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China
YFE10S (New design) 1 ton excavator. $2990
Unit will have swing boom (+$400), telescopic chassis (+$550), hydraulic thumb (+$150), quick hitch (+$90), 200mm bucket, 800mm bucket, raker (+$90), auger drill (+$330) with shipping to port $4,900usd. These prices are listed prices, have yet to negotiate anything.
Note that some attachments are worth buying and others are not. I posted about them. Spares are very inexpensive if you include them. I don't know what the tariff is in other countries, but here in the US it is still 25%.

Big Qs you need to ask about the YFE10S is if it has oil filtration and what engine do you get. I would still go for the B&S gas over the ChangChai/Koop diesel, even if you are not in the US.

Last edited:
   / Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #558  

I have been looking for more information. There is not a lot. On the auction sites some list a 5.5’ dig depth, about 8.5’ dig height and 9’4” reach. For weight I found one auction site listing at “880 kg load capacity“ and another “GVWR 2425 lbs”.

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #559  
I would second Filtration, and Hydraulic Cooling if I had to do it over again.

Not sure what the "S" suffix means, but it looks like SHANDONG INFRONT shares the Model Number
Year
Manufacturer
SHANDONG INFRONT MACHINERY CO LTD
Model
YFE10

/ Importing and modifying a new mini excavator from China #560  
Just a note on this installation. The outlet line should be looped over the top of the cooler. Or the inlet and outlet mounted to one side with the outlet on top. Otherwise the oil takes the path of least resistance and possibly the cooler never runs full of oil.
It does make sense that the cooler should look more like a radiator with top and bottom inlet/outlet configuration.
From what i can tell all the small coolers are arranged like mine.
The coolers are small ( 11" x 12" ) and the plates are less than an 1/8" thick Od. I was more afraid that the interior volume was insufficient.
The volume of added oil was 20 oz. My oil temp went from 58c to 35c .
All this being said, if there was room to turn the cooler on it's side thus working more like a traditional radiator I would have done that.
The problem with this is the very limited room. you need to be able to access the inside of the dog house and running hoses that don"t become pinched , collapsed ,or fried by the engine or exhaust becomes a challenge.
None the less pmsmechanic you are correct.

Last edited: