Dealer charge for loading tires

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #12  
I have Rim Guard and when you said " My dealer used a product named Bioballast to fill my tires. It a no corrosive alternative to calcium or Rimgard. " I had to go to the internet and see what I did. Below is a advertisement for Rim Guard.

WHAT MAKES BEET JUICE BETTER?​

Non-ToxicNon-CorrosiveHeavy (10.7lbs/gal)-35°F Freeze PointCharacteristics
Rim Guard
Check-Circle.png
Check-Circle.png
Check-Circle.png
Check-Circle.png
Non-toxic. Non-corrosive. Heavy and weighted at traction point. No tubes or mixing required. Natural product. Environment and livestock friendly.
Calcium Chloride
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Yellow-circle-with-white-dash-3.png
Check-Circle.png
Toxic. Highly corrosive. Weight varies upon person mixing it. Requires tubes. Not safe for the environment or livestock.
Methanol
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Toxic, corrosive and highly flammable. Can degrade tires. Weighs 35-40% less than Beet Juice Tire Ballast. Should be mixed with water.
Windowshield Washer Fluid
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Toxic to livestock. Not safe in groundwater. Corrosive. Weighs 25% less than Beet Juice Tire Ballast. Higher freeze point. Tubes needed for safety.
Water
Check-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Non-toxic. Potential for corrosion and rust. Lighter. Freezes even in mild winter weather. Inconsistent quality and highly variable.
Exterior Weights
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Empty-Circle.png
Empty-Circle.png
Changes equipment configurations and center of gravity. Takes up space on axle and frame. Most expensive per pound.
Rim guard is good but messy. Bioballast has the same attributes but it’s not as messy. There is also a companion product that can be mixed called bioseal. It works like green slime to seal small punctures.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #13  
Kubota dealers here use water with some methanol in it, no tubes. Cheap, non corrosive and the tire shops like it

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #14  
Kubota dealers here use water with some methanol in it, no tubes. Cheap, non corrosive and the tire shops like it
I wonder why they don't use water with some red RV antifreeze = proplylene glycol? Costs less, is absolutely non-toxic, non flammable, doesn't degrade rubber like methanol. It's available everywhere. There must be a reason, but I can't think what it would be.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #15  
I have Rim Guard and when you said " My dealer used a product named Bioballast to fill my tires. It a no corrosive alternative to calcium or Rimgard. " I had to go to the internet and see what I did. Below is a advertisement for Rim Guard.

WHAT MAKES BEET JUICE BETTER?​

Non-ToxicNon-CorrosiveHeavy (10.7lbs/gal)-35°F Freeze PointCharacteristics
Rim Guard
Check-Circle.png
Check-Circle.png
Check-Circle.png
Check-Circle.png
Non-toxic. Non-corrosive. Heavy and weighted at traction point. No tubes or mixing required. Natural product. Environment and livestock friendly.
Calcium Chloride
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Yellow-circle-with-white-dash-3.png
Check-Circle.png
Toxic. Highly corrosive. Weight varies upon person mixing it. Requires tubes. Not safe for the environment or livestock.
Methanol
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Toxic, corrosive and highly flammable. Can degrade tires. Weighs 35-40% less than Beet Juice Tire Ballast. Should be mixed with water.
Windowshield Washer Fluid
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Toxic to livestock. Not safe in groundwater. Corrosive. Weighs 25% less than Beet Juice Tire Ballast. Higher freeze point. Tubes needed for safety.
Water
Check-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Non-toxic. Potential for corrosion and rust. Lighter. Freezes even in mild winter weather. Inconsistent quality and highly variable.
Exterior Weights
X-Circle.png
X-Circle.png
Empty-Circle.png
Empty-Circle.png
Changes equipment configurations and center of gravity. Takes up space on axle and frame. Most expensive per pound.

That has to be the biggest stretch of the imagination I have ever read.

Exterior weights are not non-toxic? Exterior weights are not non-corrosive? Exterior weights are the best solution and what you will see on all equipment that is used seriously for hard work when reliability is a must.

Tried beet juice on 2 different tractors. It’s a smelly mess.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #16  
That has to be the biggest stretch of the imagination I have ever read.

Exterior weights are not non-toxic? Exterior weights are not non-corrosive? Exterior weights are the best solution and what you will see on all equipment that is used seriously for hard work when reliability is a must.

Tried beet juice on 2 different tractors. It’s a smelly mess.

Loading the tires is popular with new tractor owners and is also something that dealers can offer to sweeten a deal that costs the dealer near nothing.

I think everyone has got to try loading the tires at least once just to see the advantages vs problems. It takes some experience with loaded tires before wheel weights begin to look like an answer. But I don't know anyone who has gone back to goo.

Anyway, whether more weight or less is an advantage depends on the ground and the use. No way to know that until a person tries it both ways.
rScotty

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #17  
Loading the tires is popular with new tractor owners and is also something that dealers can offer to sweeten a deal that costs the dealer near nothing.

I think everyone has got to try loading the tires at least once just to see the advantages vs problems. It takes some experience with loaded tires before wheel weights begin to look like an answer. But I don't know anyone who has gone back to goo.

Anyway, whether more weight or less is an advantage depends on the ground and the use. No way to know that until a person tries it both ways.
rScotty
I prefer loaded tires plus exterior weights.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires
thanks again for the replies. i'm inclined to pay less and weigh less given, as some have mentioned, the weight of the backhoe. at the moment at least, i do have some fairly soggy ground too, which is one thing i intend to address with the tractor. i don't know that extra weight would help me there, but it'll be easier to add weight later if needs be.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #19  
thanks again for the replies. i'm inclined to pay less and weigh less given, as some have mentioned, the weight of the backhoe. at the moment at least, i do have some fairly soggy ground too, which is one thing i intend to address with the tractor. i don't know that extra weight would help me there, but it'll be easier to add weight later if needs be.
In your case with a backhoe, I would forgo filling tires and just buy cast weights to use when your backhoe is removed.

/ Dealer charge for loading tires #20  
One reason for many of the compact and sub compact tractor owners to go with the various liquid fills is they see all the people on forums like this telling them they need it or they will flip their tractors over, dealers like it as a bargining chip The local Kioti, Yanmar dealer lists it as a $1000 option but throws it in for "free".
Also many compacts do not have the rims drilled for bolt on weights.
Bolt on iron is my much preferred ballast option even at $1.24 per pound.