New Tractor Sales Are Declining

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,602  
I don't like debt and I really don't like paying interest so I minimize either. The only debt I have is a zero percent truck loan but taking the deal did not raise the purchase price. I went to a local dealer that sets and advertises a fixed low price up front, lower than competitors, and either you buy it or not, haggling not allowed. The no interest loan was through the manufacturer so the dealer only honored the incentive. The interesting thing was I purchased just as the chip shortage was starting and new manufacturers had just started delays on deliveries.

My two tractors I bought with a low interest loan but paid them off within a year.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,603  
   / New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,604  
These manufacturers aren’t stupid enough to give you the lowest price and finance you for free for 5 years. Anyone who thinks so is fooling themselves.
I credit the manufacturers for playing games with people like that. It makes them feel smart, like they took advantage of the manufacturer.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,605  
If I read the 0% interest argument one more time !

Hey, kid, did I hear you're looking for 0% Interest?

tumblr_pmenreEGN31sk4ij1o1_1280.jpg

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,606  
Drove by the local Kubota shop yesterday. Their lot was full of shiny orange stuff, wonder how many will be left come October.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,608  
These manufacturers aren’t stupid enough to give you the lowest price and finance you for free for 5 years. Anyone who thinks so is fooling themselves.
I credit the manufacturers for playing games with people like that. It makes them feel smart, like they took advantage of the manufacturer.
Doesn't the manufacturer sells to the dealer and its up to dealer to set or negotiate a selling price above true invoice for a profit? In my case the dealer did not know how I was going to pay for the truck until I got to the finance person which was after the deal was made.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,609  
I don't feel like I tricked anyone using a 0% deal. I did it because I was okay losing 1500 or whatever it is on a cash deal, to use 25k on a house remodel that brings income.
For me, it was the smart thing to do. House has made me much more than the 1500 I "lost" on that tractor deal.

edit: each persons situations differ, so whats smart for some is dumb for others. I understand both sides of this argument and depending on the view, agree with both.

/ New Tractor Sales Are Declining #1,610  
Doesn't the manufacturer sells to the dealer and its up to dealer to set or negotiate a selling price above true invoice for a profit? In my case the dealer did not know how I was going to pay for the truck until I got to the finance person which was after the deal was made.
Normally, there will be a flooring plan between the dealer and manufacturer. There will be free flooring until a certain time and then the dealer will start paying interest on unsold units. Models that are known to be hard to sell may come with a much longer free flooring plan. If a dealer doesn't pay the interest, a manufacturer can repo the stock. Few dealers choose to pay off the units instead of paying interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.