Just another junk chainsaw

/ Just another junk chainsaw
#1,452  
Where on earth did you get that pristine Craftsman at?
Estate sale. Wife passed and the older husband selling off everything.

Beautiful in town home with heated garages. Probably only used for yard work on tree limbs or ER times.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,453  
I bid on a 3 point stump grinder in Missouri last week but was out bid which is fine. When the buyer finds out how much a set of carbide teeth cost $275 bucks times 2 plus a new gearbox $500.00, he'll find out why I bid what I did.

I bid 700 bucks, he topped my bid at a grand. It was a Worksaver 3 point mount. Will be more in the future. I'm a patient person. Last year I bid on a Kuhn Masterdrive selling locally and it went for what one cost new. Not my game at all. Not about to pay new price for used equipment or firearms fir that matter,

Never perused chain saws but maybe I should.

I like auctions but people tend to get stupid at them. Estate sales are much better. I've picked up some very nice long guns at them for cheap. Bought a S&W branded Husky 308 in pristine (unfired condition at the last estate sale I went to). 300 bucks. It's worth well in the excess of that.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. All in the game.

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,455  
I bid on a 3 point stump grinder in Missouri last week but was out bid which is fine. When the buyer finds out how much a set of carbide teeth cost $275 bucks times 2 plus a new gearbox $500.00, he'll find out why I bid what I did.

I bid 700 bucks, he topped my bid at a grand. It was a Worksaver 3 point mount. Will be more in the future. I'm a patient person. Last year I bid on a Kuhn Masterdrive selling locally and it went for what one cost new. Not my game at all. Not about to pay new price for used equipment or firearms fir that matter,

Never perused chain saws but maybe I should.

I like auctions but people tend to get stupid at them. Estate sales are much better. I've picked up some very nice long guns at them for cheap. Bought a S&W branded Husky 308 in pristine (unfired condition at the last estate sale I went to). 300 bucks. It's worth well in the excess of that.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you loose. All in the game.
Yes, sometimes emotions get up there and must win at any price.

#1,457  
Well the paper under that Craftsman 3.7 wasn’t that old. 2009 local paper.

Still had a unsharpened Oregon 76 3/8 chain for back up and a 1/3 used 76 still on it in good shape.

Cool part on the 50/50 drawing I see here. It was the thin ring 3700 topend.
When I seen that bare piston without seeing ring yet I knew.

c37tttttttttttttt.jpg
c37tttttttttttttttttt.jpg
c37ttttttttttttt.jpg
c37ttttttttt.jpg
c37ttttttttttt.jpg
c37tt.jpg
c37ttt.jpg

#1,458  
Nice finding old stock 6 rivet 3/8 they dont sell anymore for like 12 years. 11 new.
4 rivet 3/8 what they been selling for years now.

tsu66.jpg
tsu44.jpg
tsu6over4.jpg

#1,459  
That super clean 61cc thin ring was only kept spotless outside.
You need to get under them covers cleaning folks. Around flywheel and cylinder fins etc for cooling.

Still had the black duckbill for tank vent.
When I touched it before pic it just smeared goo.

c37zzzzzzz.jpg
c37zzzzzz.jpg
c37zzzzz.jpg
c37zzzz.jpg
c37zz.jpg
c37zzz.jpg

/ Just another junk chainsaw #1,460  
Pretty much how far they go apart for cleaning once I put one on the bench for any reason. Still too long between cleaning sometimes. Guilty as charged.