AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots)

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #11  
Musk decided he no longer wants to buy Twitter. They never gave him info on how many fake and bot accounts there were.
Twitter is suing him for causing their stock price to tank.

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #12  
Musk changes his mind pretty often. Happened before

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #13  
Just wait until quantum machines become mainstream...!

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #14  
As a programmer, who frequently has to dabble in AI, i have big concerns. The learning portion concerns me greatly. With no fatigue or need for sleep, no boredom or disinterest, the learning portion is limitless. And without proper mortality and guidance, we've seen what can happen. Enter kids from broken homes. With their intellegence virtually limitless, given enough time we're going to have a real problem on our back.

My vote is to abandon true AI all together, asap.

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #15  
As a programmer, who frequently has to dabble in AI, i have big concerns. The learning portion concerns me greatly. With no fatigue or need for sleep, no boredom or disinterest, the learning portion is limitless. And without proper mortality and guidance, we've seen what can happen. Enter kids from broken homes. With their intellegence virtually limitless, given enough time we're going to have a real problem on our back.

My vote is to abandon true AI all together, asap.
AI adoption will hit infinite resistance when senior management teams realize they can be replaced by an AI bot at a fraction of the cost

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #16  
I just read an article last week about teachers having a hard time grading papers that are generated by AI, as so many look similar, and they can't tell if the kids are writing them or not.

One way to combat it is to make the kids show their work several times throughout the semester. I guess it's hard for AI to make rough drafts and then update them.

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #18  
That may happen even before usable fusion power.
Maybe so...but not just quantum computers...lots of people like to use the term AI when actually what they are referring to is not true AI...it's a relative term basically meaning algorithm systems that are not actually "machine learning"...
Very few businesses etc. that claim they are using AI really are not...this includes entities like Amazon and others that employ voice recognition ...(Google could be getting close)...

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #19  
I'm not so sure all those Boston dynamic videos are real and not movie magic.

/ AI (Artificial Intelligence-Robots) #20  
Maybe so...but not just quantum computers...lots of people like to use the term AI when actually what they are referring to is not true AI...it's a relative term basically meaning algorithm systems that are not actually "machine learning"...
Very few businesses etc. that claim they are using AI really are not...this includes entities like Amazon and others that employ voice recognition ...(Google could be getting close)...
That's true too. It's become a catch all term.

Of concern for me is when one uses people and their biases, that provide the initial framework for smart systems. An example, I have a camera that recognizes if a vehicle, pet, person etc is in the frame. All of the initial information was provided by people saying what was in the frame.