Tire pressure

/ Tire pressure #1  

2515R Dude

Silver Member
Tractor
Branson 2515R
Hi All! New here.
My 2515R just had first 100 hours on it.
The question is, for the rear tires the manual says the rear tire pressure should be 2 bar which is roughly 29PSI.
On the tire is written 23PSI. the dealer says 30PSI.
The tire manufacturer, i called the US rep, says 23PSI.
Which one is correct or i'm overthinking it, my OCD sometime kicks in wrong places.

/ Tire pressure #2  
Different tractor but I run my rears at 15 psi. I want the tire to squash enough so the full tread is touching on hard ground.

/ Tire pressure
Are your tires loaded or it does not make any difference?
Also, at the beginning i was running 30PSI but after i reduced to 23 i feel like the tractor is less stable or "mushy" or what is the correct term, like a little boat on waves goes from side to side.

/ Tire pressure #4  
I run about 15 in my tractors with R1 tires. Better traction and ride.

/ Tire pressure #6  
Are your tires loaded or it does not make any difference?
Loaded but I don't think it makes a difference. There's still enough air that the tire can squish.

Also, at the beginning i was running 30PSI but after i reduced to 23 i feel like the tractor is less stable or "mushy" or what is the correct term, like a little boat on waves goes from side to side.

I haven't noticed that, or less stability on side hills. But its a different tractor and operator.

My theory is to run as low a pressure as I feel I can get away with as it gets better traction.

/ Tire pressure #7  
Hi. Welcome to TBN.

I run my R1 tires at around 14 PSI on the rears and about 30 at the fronts. I do have my rear tires filled with water though.

/ Tire pressure #8  
I too base it on contact patch with the ground. I want a full width of tread touching (or close to it) on hard ground. For me, I think that's around 15 psi. Yes my rears are filled with Rimguard, but as Eric says, I don't think that matters for this topic.

My fronts are at 30 psi, mostly due to loader use. If I wasn't randomly picking up various loads with my FEL, (or Gawd forbid, didn't have the FEL) I think I'd probably air my fronts down to 15-20 psi as well.

/ Tire pressure
My only concern is if there any negative effects running low pressure,
There should be a reason manufacurer recommended 29PSI. And the dealer started saying something about warranty.

/ Tire pressure #10  
My only concern is if there any negative effects running low pressure,
There should be a reason manufacurer recommended 29PSI. And the dealer started saying something about warranty.
If you aren't running on pavement low pressure will not have negative effects. It will however; improve traction, give the operator a softer ride, distrubuted the weight better across fragile surfaces like lawns, among other benefits. If you do the math on your rear tires surface area you'd be shocked to see how little you actually need to support your tractor (probably between 3-6 lbs minimum).

Front tires if you're doing FEL work are a different story, but rears I also use the tread touch as a gauge for correct pressure.