Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE

/ Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE #11  
About fifteen years ago I ordered something over the internet. About a week later I noticed a $1 charge on my credit card statement. Then a few days later - here it came. A $745 charge for women's clothing from a store in Pennsylvania. It raised such a RED FLAG that the credit card company called me. They voided both charges. I was issued a new card.

/ Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE #12  
Had a number of older Navajo families who had been scammed by family. Banks tend to have translators for Spanish, and a few other common languages...not so much for Native languages.

Isn't Navajo a very difficult language to learn? ISTR reading somewhere that during WWII the government used Navajo speakers for top secret communications since is was very unlikely to be translated if intercepted.

/ Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE #13  
I think you're referring to the Wind Talkers. And I believe they continued after WW2 and into the Vietnam Era.

/ Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE #15  
We get a text notification if our card is used for $1 or more. So, we know immediately when and where it’s used, if stolen. It also leads to a lot of questions about $100 bottles of bourbon I purchase while traveling 😂

/ Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE #16  
We get a text notification if our card is used for $1 or more. So, we know immediately when and where it’s used, if stolen. It also leads to a lot of questions about $100 bottles of bourbon I purchase while traveling 😂
Non issue with me as I don't consume any booze.

/ Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE #18  
EVERY TIME we buy ANYTHING online at Walmart, our card # is stolen. We stopped ordering online with them.
Having a credit card number stolen is a BIG problem. Same thing happened to me at Ebay. I closed my Ebay account and stopped buying anything from them years ago!

/ Walmart, credit card problems BE AWARE #20  
One little thing you can do that helps a LOT, is to set up alerts on your CC to notify you under various circumstances.
Charges over a $$ limit, CC not available for purchase, gas station purchases, etc.
We get an alert for almost anything, and it helps us cut off any problems before they become big problems. Wife's CC got hacked twice. Was able to fix it and get new CC right away.
Yes I love the alert for charge over $x. That has saved me a couple times. I call the CC company right away as soon as I get the text and they can stop the charge and send me a new card.