Walmart on line comedy of errors!

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #1  

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
I needed two 7" steel lawnmower wheels, so I checked different online places...then notice they're on Walmart site $5.99 each free shipping! So I order them...except when time to pay it tries adding $20.58 shipping!
But...it clearly says "free delivery!".
So I call 800-Walmart. Guy says it is free, but you have to order $35 in merchandise. "OK" I replied and go back looking for stuff I don't need to add to order.
I can always use construction deck screws...so I add a 5# box of them. Then since I have an RZT50 mower they have 6...that's two sets of blades for $63, so I add that. Great! Now I'm up to over $100 and I go to pay...and I get free shipping. YAY!
But not for the $5.99 wheels I needed originally. It added $20.53 shipping for that.
#$%&! Steam coming out of my ears I called 800-Walmart again. After 30 minutes on hold I get a barely-English speaking agent. After repeating story six times I ask for a supervisor. Another 20 minutes (his English was worse) I explained and he said "that's a third party seller and they can SAY free shipping but charge it anyway" then hangs up on me!
Now I'm livid...so I call back (two hours I've been fooling with this!). That guy says "Just pay for everything and I'll credit your card back in 10 days...hopefully".
We'll see...
2021_07_08_11.28.22.jpg

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #3  
Isn't that called False Advertising?

According to Wikipedia False advertising - Wikipedia
False advertising is described as the crime or misconduct of publishing, transmitting, or otherwise publicly circulating an advertisement containing a false, misleading, or deceptive statement, made intentionally or recklessly to promote the sale of property, goods, or services to the public.[1]

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #4  
I needed two 7" steel lawnmower wheels, so I checked different online places...then notice they're on Walmart site $5.99 each free shipping! So I order them...except when time to pay it tries adding $20.58 shipping!
But...it clearly says "free delivery!".
So I call 800-Walmart. Guy says it is free, but you have to order $35 in merchandise. "OK" I replied and go back looking for stuff I don't need to add to order.
I can always use construction deck screws...so I add a 5# box of them. Then since I have an RZT50 mower they have 6...that's two sets of blades for $63, so I add that. Great! Now I'm up to over $100 and I go to pay...and I get free shipping. YAY!
But not for the $5.99 wheels I needed originally. It added $20.53 shipping for that.
#$%&! Steam coming out of my ears I called 800-Walmart again. After 30 minutes on hold I get a barely-English speaking agent. After repeating story six times I ask for a supervisor. Another 20 minutes (his English was worse) I explained and he said "that's a third party seller and they can SAY free shipping but charge it anyway" then hangs up on me!
Now I'm livid...so I call back (two hours I've been fooling with this!). That guy says "Just pay for everything and I'll credit your card back in 10 days...hopefully".
We'll see...View attachment 705124
Oh Oh...

I just did the same thing for some 18 X 8.5 X 8 golf cart tires.

Free shipping over $35. Only needed 1 but @ ~32 apiece it was a no brainer to just order 2 get a matched set and the free shipping.

I have mine being sent to the local store and lay away desk.

We shall see...

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #5  
Beside the $5.99 tire, you see 'Unbeatablesale' Go to the other marketplace sites and look their stuff up. Almost always considerably higher priced and with all sorts of gotchas'. I learned a long time back to avoid them.

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #6  
HD does this too, sometimes find out when the store pickup email shows up after the order..

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #7  
Gee. And Walmart says they can compete head-to-head with Amazon.

I guess that’s why Amazon is worth $2 trillion and Wally is worth $400 billion.

MoKelly

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors!
Well...here's Part 2!
I called Walmart home office in Bentonville this morning, lady sent it to "escalations". That lady said third party vendors can say free delivery but charge for shipping.
DUH? What tha?
I argued a bit then drove to Walmart, got the manager. I showed/explained everything to him, he agreed with me. Then right as we're looking at the "free delivery" listing on their site it changed! Good thing I had my screenshot and invoice! I said the home office must have changed it, luckily he saw it before they did. So he called the vendor and they offered half-price shipping! Manager said he saw the free ship listing.
Anyway I called my credit card company and they'll dispute charge since I have proof and the manager as witness.
I have had better luck with Amazon. A really crazy experience though.
Maybe most people don't check it.

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #9  
I found about 4 sources online with the same kind of wheels from $7 to $10, two places I can drive to and pick up myself.

To save literally a couple of bucks, it seems like you're putting yourself through your own headache.

Nothing in life is free, and it all equals out when you're 6' under IMO.

/ Walmart on line comedy of errors! #10  
I've been treated well by Amazon but no so by the competition. It's a constant struggle with the also-rans because they keep trying to find ways to keep 100% of every dollar you spend with them. Very frustrating.