Ford 5000 cab

/ Ford 5000 cab #1  

Dylace4

Tractor
Ford 5000
Hello everyone I'm sort of a tractor newbie. I purchased a Ford 5000 about 3 years ago. I love the tractor but if I knew now I would have searched for a cab tractor. I have been searching with no luck for a cab either oem or aftermarket for this tractor. I'm looking to the knowledge here for any ideas or steer in the right direction. Thanks

/ Ford 5000 cab #2  
I put a cab from an international on a Massey Ferguson. I'm talking big 6 cylinder tractors. Everything up through the 7000 series and maybe larger will fit your tractor. We run six tractors, only one has a cab. We keep dad in that one. I wouldn't like a cab.

/ Ford 5000 cab
I put a cab from an international on a Massey Ferguson. I'm talking big 6 cylinder tractors. Everything up through the 7000 series and maybe larger will fit your tractor. We run six tractors, only one has a cab. We keep dad in that one. I wouldn't like a cab.
Ok thanks for giving me some direction.

/ Ford 5000 cab #4  
Welcome aboard! There are also few other approaches that many here have taken.

Some seem to have a real dislike for cabs except when it's cold and snowing Some of them are happy with a canopy (home made from different materials or from a golf cart) and a canvas or plastic cab to keep the worst of the elements at bay.

Some make their own cabs from various materials. I've seen wood, steel, and even some aluminum used to the cab walls. Windows have been plastic, plexi, lexan and real glass.

Some have heaters. Some owners say the cab is warm enough without adding heat. I don't recall seeing any DIY or transplanted cabs with A/C.

/ Ford 5000 cab #5  
You don't mention where you're from or why the cab would be a benefit.

A DYI cab in the south would probably bake you alive in the summer.

I have a factory cab on mine as I use my tractor mainly in the woods. It prevents Banana Spiders from dropping in on me and if I run over a yellow jacket nest I'm safe. The added benefits are heating and cooling, the AC is nice when it's 100'F+ and while the winters here aren't that cold it does keep the wind chill down.

The point is if it's going to get hot where you are you'll need some way to ventilate. Heaters are relatively easy to add, but AC's not so much.

/ Ford 5000 cab
You don't mention where you're from or why the cab would be a benefit.

A DYI cab in the south would probably bake you alive in the summer.

I have a factory cab on mine as I use my tractor mainly in the woods. It prevents Banana Spiders from dropping in on me and if I run over a yellow jacket nest I'm safe. The added benefits are heating and cooling, the AC is nice when it's 100'F+ and while the winters here aren't that cold it does keep the wind chill down.

The point is if it's going to get hot where you are you'll need some way to ventilate. Heaters are relatively easy to add, but AC's not so much.
I live in Tennessee so summers are hot. My main problem was limbs and dust. As you said its hot here in summer and sweat and dust makes for a rough day the older I get.

/ Ford 5000 cab
Welcome aboard! There are also few other approaches that many here have taken.

Some seem to have a real dislike for cabs except when it's cold and snowing Some of them are happy with a canopy (home made from different materials or from a golf cart) and a canvas or plastic cab to keep the worst of the elements at bay.

Some make their own cabs from various materials. I've seen wood, steel, and even some aluminum used to the cab walls. Windows have been plastic, plexi, lexan and real glass.

Some have heaters. Some owners say the cab is warm enough without adding heat. I don't recall seeing any DIY or transplanted cabs with A/C.
I've thought bout that route but no ac would cook me like a turkey. That leads to another problem with aftermarket cab and trying to rig ac. The cost get more than the tractor might be worth.

/ Ford 5000 cab #8  
The 5000 and 7000s had Simms cabs for the most part, but as suggested, a 5600, 6600 or 76/7700 may be fit onto it without much modification

/ Ford 5000 cab #9  
I've thought bout that route but no ac would cook me like a turkey. That leads to another problem with aftermarket cab and trying to rig ac. The cost get more than the tractor might be worth.
I built a nice heated cab for an L3200 I had between 2012 and 2019. The doors lifted off for warm weather and the "bus driver fan" made it more livable than the open station tractors I'd had up to then. Still wasn't really comfy when the temps and humidity were high. It would have been possible to add A/C, but not at all feasible.

/ Ford 5000 cab #10  
I like the four post ROPS open stations on my Tennessee farm. Top gives good sun shade and overhead protection. Posts help with side limbs. Windows in the woods is hard to keep intake.

Had a cab Kubota M5030 that the previous owner’s sons had busted out every window out except for the doors which were removed. The air conditioning didn’t work but the heat did. Gave great protection in the woods while I owned it for >20 years.

For woods work definitely need overhead protection.
123_1.jpeg