Who’s cutting hay?

/ Who’s cutting hay?
Just developed a rapid drip leak on the front output shaft gasket. Leaking trans fluid pretty bad. Looks like a day to remove, clean & replace. #$&%@* tractors always break when you need em

/ Who’s cutting hay? #72  
Just developed a rapid drip leak on the front output shaft gasket. Leaking trans fluid pretty bad. Looks like a day to remove, clean & replace. #$&%@* tractors always break when you need em
S.O.P. standard operating procedure , hopefully it won't be a mother. Good luck.

/ Who’s cutting hay? #73  
Hay is baled and most is sold/gone already. 110 bucks a bale was apparently cheap, I told that to the guy who bought 50 bales and I think he couldn't wait to get me paid fearing I'd reconsider and raise the price. :) He buys from me every year so I don't mind giving him a break.
Only got 75 bales, better than last year but I really thought I'd get about 100. :confused:

IMG_1283.JPG
IMG_1284.JPG
IMG_1282.JPG

/ Who’s cutting hay?
Lynn,
Beautiful scenery! I love the wide open vistas of the west and the clean open skies.

Maybe you got less bales, but the guy who baled them cranked up the pressure in his baler?

I do that sometimes when I want heavier bales, but less of them.

Nothin but rain here….. :(

/ Who’s cutting hay? #75  
Hay is baled and most is sold/gone already. 110 bucks a bale was apparently cheap, I told that to the guy who bought 50 bales and I think he couldn't wait to get me paid fearing I'd reconsider and raise the price. :) He buys from me every year so I don't mind giving him a break.
Only got 75 bales, better than last year but I really thought I'd get about 100. :confused:

View attachment 753405View attachment 753406View attachment 753407
How many cuttings a year do you usually get out there in Idaho?

/ Who’s cutting hay? #76  
It’s been raining for the last four weeks….I think one field that I just got has gone to seed and died! Dang it.

/ Who’s cutting hay? #77  
It’s been raining for the last four weeks….I think one field that I just got has gone to seed and died! Dang it.
It's just about time to start fighting army worms, if the rain don't foul up a cutting they will if you aren't on top of them.

/ Who’s cutting hay?
It happens. We have had a real bad summer for rain here, too.
Hope your conditions improve. We have had to make a lot of sacrifices here-working late hours to get fields cut & baled.

/ Who’s cutting hay? #79  
How many cuttings a year do you usually get out there in Idaho?
Those with enough water rights can get 3 cuts. I will get another cut but it will be small, like less than 10 bales. The water dries up pretty fast when it starts getting warm/hot. Most of my water is snow melt and a few small springs that come down from the mountains.

/ Who’s cutting hay? #80  
Those with enough water rights can get 3 cuts. I will get another cut but it will be small, like less than 10 bales. The water dries up pretty fast when it starts getting warm/hot. Most of my water is snow melt and a few small springs that come down from the mountains.
Forgive me since I know very little about Idaho, but I'm assuming rainfall is minimal.