Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #181  
Orange plastic tubing, snow fence, fiber optic pipe...?

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #182  
Orange plastic tubing, snow fence, fiber optic pipe...?
It's certainly sheet-like. Snow's not a concern. The family that owned this property had some oddities to it (I won't cover the killing of one brother by the other brother- in front of their mother), but I could almost imagine someone burying something meaningful. Although the family was responsible for the automotive bits (overflow of an illegal wrecking yard; fortunately only a little bit dribbled on to what is now my property) the garbage is likely pretty much from renters: an older friend of mine once told me that he had a friend that would advise him to bring any garbage out when he came to visit- folks gave little thought about burying garbage out in the country).

Much of the area was no place anyone could readily get to (brush, extremely tall grass, and very wet). It's why I think it was an intentional act. If it was something that fell from the sky I'm thinking that it would have gotten UV-deteriorated before being engulfed in/under the earth.

Just going to have to wait to find out. Stay tuned!

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #183  
We have a cemetery on our farm with several graves dating back to 1840's. Does not appear to be related to the owners at the time. May have been servants or slaves not sure. Our kids when growing up were always spooked about going into that area and claimed that they could hear them at night.
When we were looking to buy land, we came across some family cemeteries that were part of the parcels. In this area, these family cemeteries are common. There is one right next to a major road that gets cleaned up from time to time Confederate reenactors. Others, just kinda go wild which is a shame. We saw one place, where the neighbors cattle had gotten into the cemetery and did some damage to the head stones. 🤬 The people buried in the cemetery were likely the first white settlers in this area. They had birthdates in the 1600s and the grave markers were sandstone which was barely etched with names and dates. Some of the letters were backwards as well.

One property had a large family cemetery in the middle of the parcel which pretty much made the place pretty much useless and thus unmarketable as far was we could tell. The number of dead babies in the cemetery was horrible. The cemetery was in decent shape though.

Later,
Dan

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #184  
Once upon a time, I was walking on my wife's family farm, was in the woods and walking along a gully which headed down to a river. The gully was also a good 6-8 feet deep, so anything, or anyone, in the gully was out of sight. :unsure: In the gully and I found a bunch of pipe that looked like it was used as part of a still. From that location, one had a good view over a farm field to the road so one could see anyone approaching long before they could see you. They were up against a river, so it was unlikely for anyone to approach from that direction, and one could walk along the gully to get away without being seen. Pretty good site for a still.

I went back to the farm house and asked my wife's grand father if there had been a still in the woods. He said he did not know what I was talking about. :ROFLMAO: I did not believe him at all. 😁

Later,
Dan

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #185  
Ah, but cell phones!

If not for having my phone on me I wouldn't have been able to get a picture of the only elk ever seen in my area by anyone. Between that shock and trying to make sure I had my then pup under control (no idea what she would/was going to do) I was totally surprised that I was able to get an actual "shot" off.
The cameras stink for real pictures though. I tried to get a picture of an albino deer a couple of years ago. I could post the picture and tell you "She's there" but it would be a big leap of faith on your part to believe me.
>
>
>
On my part also. I took the picture but still can't make her out.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #186  
I just learned there is a 5-6 foot gator in the farm pond on the family property across town. Not that unusual around here but I’ll be a bit more careful where I tread.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #187  
When we were looking for property, two different unrelated parcels we went to look at both had vehicles burried on the the property. One was supposedly a Model T. The other property had several small hills. We were told they were all milk trucks burried to create the hills.

We passed on both properties.
yes, you would be surprise on how many people bury garbage on their property i can understand but it’s not something i would do and it’s not something i am interested on buying. Back in my grandfather time everyone was dumping their garbage in every dip they could find and that was their dump, me and my dad have cleaned lots of garbage on our land (they are side by side) still some left but at least it’s not buried so we can keep picking at it. At least we know who we are picking up after, both land was owned by my grand fathers. (on my dad side and mother side)

Good called walking away from it someone can get their hand tangled pretty quick if you open that can of worms.

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #188  
Funny story …and pretty cool at least for me since there is a personal connection. The land I purchased was previously owned by my grand father and my uncles had a little camp on it by the lake, one night they party pretty hard and everyone was in bed but the lantern was left on so one of my uncle in the top bunk ask his brother to shut it off but he was too drunk to do it so he didn’t want too, they went back in forth until one of them got sick of it and took the 12 gauge and shot it… lol … the camp burned down of course and everything stayed untouched after that for about 40 - 50 years… it was a nice spot so when i purchased the property i clean it up and found the lantern, you can see the pellet holes in it. I went at his place and drop it on his porch with a sticky note saying “i bet you didn’t expect seeing me again“ he had a pretty good laugh.

The other picture is a truck i came across in the bush while hunting this fall i was pretty amaze on how nice the paint still look on it.

Attachments

• 50F621E3-7E48-4CE2-8860-1DD5E4D9F249.jpeg
    50F621E3-7E48-4CE2-8860-1DD5E4D9F249.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 117
  • 5271BF5C-3F8C-4D8C-A4EE-86DD233F5B29.jpeg
    5271BF5C-3F8C-4D8C-A4EE-86DD233F5B29.jpeg
    5.8 MB · Views: 118
Last edited:
   / Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #189  
Funny story …and pretty cool at least for me since there is a personal connection. The land I purchased was previously owned by my grand father and my uncles had a little camp on it by the lake, one night they party pretty hard and everyone was in bed but the lantern was left on so one of my uncle in the top bunk ask his brother to shut it off but he was too drunk to do it so he didn’t want too, they went back in forth until one of them got tired sick of it and took the 12 gauge and shot it… lol … the camp burned down of course and everything stayed untouched after that for about 40 - 50 years… it was a nice spot so when i purchased the property i clean it up and found the lantern, you can see the pellet holes in it. I went at his place and drop it on his porch with a sticky note saying “i bet you didn’t expect seeing me again“ he had a pretty good laugh.

The other picture is a truck i came across in the bush while hunting this fall i was pretty amaze on how nice the paint still look on it.
Ford Ranchero?

/ Cool Or Creepy Things Found In The Bush Or On Your Property #190  
Ford Ranchero?
you tell me, i personally don’t know, i thought it was a pickup although I also did find it looks like a Ranchero. I did tried to find out but all the badge are missing and these are too old for me to tell.