Highway robbery!

/ Highway robbery! #1  

TreeToad

Tractor
MF GC1705
Sept of 2020 I picked up one of the last 14'x6' dual axle landscape trailers in Michigan as the shortage had just begun. $2399! Happened to stop at the farm supply store you all know for a few things. I noticed a fresh shipment of trailers on the lot so I was curious to see what has happened price wise since i bought it. Holy#$^%. My $2399 is now $3699. Time to drag out the welder and hack saw and start building.
trailer Sept 2020.jpg

/ Highway robbery! #2  
Yup...seems like most everyone trying to cash in as they say,even junk steel as we use to call but no more.

/ Highway robbery! #3  
The trailer price is one thing but have you looked at the cost of replacing the truck you use to pull it! Assuming you can find one, dealers are charging 20% over the already inflated MSRP in some cases!

/ Highway robbery! #5  
I just mentioned this in another thread... On March 25, 2021 I ordered a bottom of the line Woodmizer bandsaw mill. Base price was $2899. I ordered the bigger engine, a track extension, extra blades and a couple other things so my total was around 4199.
Less than a year later base price for that same mill is $3995... a 38% jump.

It is good times for people selling used equipment bought before the pandemic.
That's assuming that they don't want to replace it.

/ Highway robbery! #6  
Sept of 2020 I picked up one of the last 14'x6' dual axle landscape trailers in Michigan as the shortage had just begun. $2399! Happened to stop at the farm supply store you all know for a few things. I noticed a fresh shipment of trailers on the lot so I was curious to see what has happened price wise since i bought it. Holy#$^%. My $2399 is now $3699. Time to drag out the welder and hack saw and start building.View attachment 736929
Wait until you see what the cost of steel is now. Fabricating a trailer isn’t likely to be cheaper. A friend of mine who is a steel fabricator showed me some custom balcony railing he is building for a job. He said he paid $3000 for the steel. There wasn’t enough steel in the pile to build a trailer.

/ Highway robbery! #7  
Wait until you see what the cost of steel is now. Fabricating a trailer isn’t likely to be cheaper. A friend of mine who is a steel fabricator showed me some custom balcony railing he is building for a job. He said he paid $3000 for the steel. There wasn’t enough steel in the pile to build a trailer.
Yep, combine that with the exorbitant cost of shipping steel and Americans are screwed

/ Highway robbery! #8  
Sept of 2020 I picked up one of the last 14'x6' dual axle landscape trailers in Michigan as the shortage had just begun. $2399! Happened to stop at the farm supply store you all know for a few things. I noticed a fresh shipment of trailers on the lot so I was curious to see what has happened price wise since i bought it. Holy#$^%. My $2399 is now $3699. Time to drag out the welder and hack saw and start building.View attachment 736929
Before you quit your day job take a look at steel prices.

/ Highway robbery! #9  
Since around 2008 prices and interest rates have stayed remarkably stable. Now it's time to pay the piper.

/ Highway robbery! #10  
Since around 2008 prices and interest rates have stayed remarkably stable. Now it's time to pay the piper.
Would have been better policy to not have arrived here in the first place.