Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts?

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #62  
Ok, This is simple. The names on tractors are not what you think. Alot of the parts will interchange amongst native brands. The Jap's like to use what they make along with the Koreans. Your tractor is really going to need servicing by your local dealer. If you shop around and buy one from a dealer in another state be prepared to take it back to them for warranty service. If not I guarantee your warranty repair will not get taken care like it would of if you bought it from them, ( remember you made the choice to NOT buy it from them ) you showed your loyalty to them when you bought from another dealer and did not look at the real picture.
As for the Branson brand. They have built engines for Cummins, Mahindra, And TYM Probably more, I have not seen this, but I've talked to a Territory Manager that has witnessed John Deere models going down the line with a Branson. This is Why TYM bought them so they could use their engines and not be a component built company. They are however different than the TYM tractor. This could change in the future. Also to date Branson has more dealers and a stronger dealer network. They have alomost doubled TYM sales last year. As for parts, I'm currently getting them faster than my Kioti supply. They have built Century , McCormick and now the Bad Boy tractors.
The real difference is the color of the metal. All of the Mechanical parts usually will interchange. Cosmetics can differ However. The engines are really good. Not built by Cummins just slightly borrowed some ideas. They start and run well and mostly are mechanically injected ( NO Electronics ), they still do regen thru a continuous method and have a data logger. We have had no issues at all with them to date. I think they have good torque curves and start real well in cold weather. Lets face it we can all pick apart a product and or dislike something on a tractor we now own.
I work on all brands and they will all do the job. Some better than others and some have better ergonomics. This is really what sets them apart, along with the dealer competence. I sell Kioti and Branson. I started with McCormick and sold both of these manufacturers that was branded McCormick. I also sold the LS line that was branded McCormick. I work on John Deere, Kubota,New Holland, Massey, Yanmar ( Yanmar is not the same as a Deere ) Mahindra & Anything that we can get parts for. Our lovely federal government passed a law a few years ago that allows the manufacturer to support the parts side of a unit for a mere 10 years after the last one was sold. Seems odd after all you can get parts for that Farmall or Deere that Gramps bought in the 50's.
So with all of the gripes and misguided slang that is on here. Trust your dealer and pick them wisely. Remember that manufacturers build limits in the product for a reason, usually it's a warranty reason, but it is also for the operators safety. Lastly always enjoy your products safely.

Last edited:
   / Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #63  
Without long term parts and service availability it will become an expensive garage ornament. So... place your bets and take your chances. :)

Personally, I'd buy mainstream...John Deere, Kubota...
Been down that road with my Bolens G152. Excellent little tractor, until I needed parts.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #64  
Ok, This is simple. The names on tractors are not what you think. Alot of the parts will interchange amongst native brands. The Jap's like to use what they make along with the Koreans. Your tractor is really going to need servicing by your local dealer. If you shop around and buy one from a dealer in another state be prepared to take it back to them for warranty service. If not I guarantee your warranty repair will not get taken care of by the dealer you take it to, ( remember you did NOT buy it from them ) you showed your loyalty to them when you bought from another dealer and did not look at the real picture. As for the Branson brand. They have built engines for Cummins, Mahindra, And TYM bought them so they could use their engines. They are however different than the TYM tractor. This could change in the future. The Branson has more dealers and a stronger dealer network. They have built Century , McCormick and now the Bad Boy tractors. Usually the real difference is the color of the metal. All of the Mechanical parts usually will interchange. Cosmetics can differ. The engines are really good. Not built by Cummins just copied. They start and run well and mostly are mechanically injected ( NO Electronics ), they still do regen thru a continuous method and have a data logger.
I work on all brands and they will all do the job. Some better than others and some have better ergonomics. This is really what sets them apart, along with the dealer competence. I sell Kioti and Branson. I started with McCormick and sold both of these manufacturers that was branded McCormick. I also sold the LS line that was Badged McCormick. I work on John Deere, Kubota, Massey, Yanmar ( Yanmar is not the same as a Deere ) Mahindra & Anything that we can get parts for. Our lovely federal government passed a law a few years ago that allows the manufacturer to support the parts side of a unit for a mere 10 years after the last one was sold. Seems odd after all you can get parts for that Farmall or Deere that Gramps bought in the 50's. So with all of the gripes and misguided slang that is on here. Trust your dealer and pick them wisely. You will need them and as always enjoy your products safely.
That was an informative post. Not simple as implied in the first sentence. :ROFLMAO:

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #65  
I've been researching zero turn mowers for a few years. Finally settled on a Bad Boy Rogue this spring. It has been a good mower and both the dealer and Bad Boy itself have been very supportive of me in a couple minor questions/issues I've had (basically getting the deck leveled correctly and some minor cut quality issues). Bad Boy mowers have been around for a long time with a good reputation and I have no doubt the tractors will be done well too. They seem to focus on solid construction, good construction techniques and quality components. If you have a Bad Boy dealer near you I wouldn't hesitate to put their tractors on the short list.

As an example of their customer service, Bad Boy fielded my questions on cut quality and went as far as sending me (through my dealer) newly redesigned parts destined for 2022 models to swap onto mine (front caster arms with additional adjustments) and paid my dealer to swap them on as if it was a warranty issue.

Rob

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #66  
Ok, This is simple. The names on tractors are not what you think. Alot of the parts will interchange amongst native brands. The Jap's like to use what they make along with the Koreans. Your tractor is really going to need servicing by your local dealer. If you shop around and buy one from a dealer in another state be prepared to take it back to them for warranty service. If not I guarantee your warranty repair will not get taken care like it would of if you bought it from them, ( remember you made the choice to NOT buy it from them ) you showed your loyalty to them when you bought from another dealer and did not look at the real picture.
As for the Branson brand. They have built engines for Cummins, Mahindra, And TYM Probably more, I have not seen this, but I've talked to a Territory Manager that has witnessed John Deere models going down the line with a Branson. This is Why TYM bought them so they could use their engines and not be a component built company. They are however different than the TYM tractor. This could change in the future. Also to date Branson has more dealers and a stronger dealer network. They have alomost doubled TYM sales last year. As for parts, I'm currently getting them faster than my Kioti supply. They have built Century , McCormick and now the Bad Boy tractors.
The real difference is the color of the metal. All of the Mechanical parts usually will interchange. Cosmetics can differ However. The engines are really good. Not built by Cummins just slightly borrowed some ideas. They start and run well and mostly are mechanically injected ( NO Electronics ), they still do regen thru a continuous method and have a data logger. We have had no issues at all with them to date. I think they have good torque curves and start real well in cold weather. Lets face it we can all pick apart a product and or dislike something on a tractor we now own.
I work on all brands and they will all do the job. Some better than others and some have better ergonomics. This is really what sets them apart, along with the dealer competence. I sell Kioti and Branson. I started with McCormick and sold both of these manufacturers that was branded McCormick. I also sold the LS line that was branded McCormick. I work on John Deere, Kubota,New Holland, Massey, Yanmar ( Yanmar is not the same as a Deere ) Mahindra & Anything that we can get parts for. Our lovely federal government passed a law a few years ago that allows the manufacturer to support the parts side of a unit for a mere 10 years after the last one was sold. Seems odd after all you can get parts for that Farmall or Deere that Gramps bought in the 50's.
So with all of the gripes and misguided slang that is on here. Trust your dealer and pick them wisely. Remember that manufacturers build limits in the product for a reason, usually it's a warranty reason, but it is also for the operators safety. Lastly always enjoy your products safely.
Strange post by you I tried to trade my 2008 DK40 Kioti tractor (208 hours) at your place back in 2012 and you were my LOCAL kioti dealer. You rudely stated you did not want my trade take it elsewhere.Tried to keep my business local but I ended up purchasing from another kioti dealer(in lower michigan) who did want my trade.Pics are the 2008 leaving and the NEW 2012 cab Dk40se arriving.Best choice I ever made.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 186
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    764.7 KB · Views: 338

Last edited:
   / Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #67  
Well I guess you got me!! I didn't even become a Kioti dealer until the spring of 2013. I signed the floor plan contract March ,26 2013. I'm very stringent in my trade's and where the product is bought. If you live in my area of responsibility and bought a tractor from a neighboring dealer, I do not want it and this holds today. To many people think tractors are like cars and that is not so. Some dealers don't want to proffit from the sale. I'm in business to make a proffit, just like you go to work to make more money. To do this usually it is required to advance thru some measure of learning. With my proffit I teach my employees, send them to schools to attempt to make them the best at their jobs. This is a cost that I'm proud of and I want my employees to be honest , helpfull & the best at the job at hand. This post was originally about the Branson line. Not the complaint department for my business. To date I'm still the number 1 selling Kioti dealer in Michigan. That should speak for itself. I'm not upset with you buying from another dealer I just don't want it nor do I want to work on it. I have enough of my own customers that I go the extra mile for. Thanks for the smear, but my customers that by from me do not reflect this opinion.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #68  
They are rebadged Branson tractors. They are a very good tractor.
They may have the same design/prints/engine as Branson, but they are made just down the road from me in Batesville AR. They are a side venture of Bad Boy ZT mowers. Their implements are right next door from the mower factory named Bad Dawg.

/ Looking at Bad Boy Tractors, thoughts? #69  
You do know that Tractor Supply (TSC) sells Bad Boy mowers. Wonder if they will go the RK route and sell tractors too. Considering the level of competency with TSC 'associates'. I can see another RK in the making. Sales but non existent service.

Don't matter if they are less expensive or not. With no competent service, it's doomed, just like Cabelas was with their rebadged and camo painted tractors that I thought were a bit outlandish anyway.