Windows 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Windows 11 #41  
If you're running Win7 or earlier you're not getting security updates any more. But hey, if you like living on the edge by running a vulnerable OS developed during the Bush administration then go for it ;)
nonesence. i run my computer thru sandboxie. have for years, and never, i mean never, have had a hack or blue screen of death. i have never updated win7, and could care less if they have stopped updates.

/ Windows 11 #42  
nonesence. i run my computer thru sandboxie. have for years, and never, i mean never, have had a hack or blue screen of death. i have never updated win7, and could care less if they have stopped updates.
Sounds like you know far more about cybersecurity than all those dorks who do it for a living. And here I've been regularly installing OS updates like a chump...

/ Windows 11
BAD NEWS: This new requirement could be a Windows deal-breaker for many folks! The Windows 11 Home version will require a Microsoft account to activate it! (n) Personally, I've never opened a Microsoft account. I try to avoid their software like the plague. Over the decades I've had to spend countless days debugging their untested software and seeking solutions from their arrogant staff. The only reason I use Windows is the absence of a viable OS alternative. Hopefully in the near future that will change.

Microsoft will require an internet connection and account to activate Windows 11 Home

/ Windows 11 #44  
I had to get an account to get office 360 for windows 10. Not going to update it when it comes due. Switching to an Apple Imac.

/ Windows 11 #47  
BAD NEWS: This new requirement could be a Windows deal-breaker for many folks! The Windows 11 Home version will require a Microsoft account to activate it! (n) Personally, I've never opened a Microsoft account. I try to avoid their software like the plague. Over the decades I've had to spend countless days debugging their untested software and seeking solutions from their arrogant staff. The only reason I use Windows is the absence of a viable OS alternative.
What exactly is a Microsoft account? Is it simply a Hotmail/Outlook email address or is it something else? What would you do with it once it's set up, or is it just a way to identify you when it tracks you?

I'm not a MS hater by any means, but Win 10's tendency to phone home has been a deal killer for me and this promises to be worse if what's reported comes to pass. Alas, Windows is the best of a sorry lot...Linux is just too user unfriendly and I want nothing to do with Appple.

/ Windows 11 #48  
LibreOffice is great. No ads. It's well worth your time to read the Wikipedia description, then try it out. If you want free software without the Microsoft fees this is the best alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.