TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #111  
Looks brilliant!!

How did you get the engine/chassis part done? Do you have a sand-blaster in the house or something?

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project
Looks brilliant!!

How did you get the engine/chassis part done? Do you have a sand-blaster in the house or something?

All it got was a degrease and a blast with the pressure washer, then it got sprayed with red oxide, it probably looks better in the photographs than actual but its come up alright, I was not going to blast or even try to remove all the paint the loose stuff came away with the pressure washer the rest got coated over.

Chris

/ TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #113  
May i ask how you did degrease? Just throw a lot of wd-40 at it?

I am asking because i bought this 40 year old Ursus C360 tractor. In everything 4 times the size and power of my little iseki's (3000kg, 4cylinder 3 liter diesel, 60HP). But everything is wrong with it, i will have to take it totally apart. If i can handle this, i want to do the same like you did on the iseki.

May i ask how you did degrease? Just throw a lot of wd-40 at it?

I am asking because i bought this 40 year old Ursus C360 tractor. In everything 4 times the size and power of my little iseki's (3000kg, 4cylinder 3 liter diesel, 60HP). But everything is wrong with it, i will have to take it totally apart. If i can handle this, i want to do the same like you did on the iseki.

I just used an automotive degreaser, poured some into a smaller container and brushed it on with an old paint brush, worked the brush on the stubborn areas to remove as much grime as possible, going back over areas that needed it, if you manage to get good stuff it works a treat softening all the grime and it should run off with the degreaser and the final wash just gives everything a nice clean up.

Good luck

Chris

Time to clean out the hydraulic spool valves for the backhoe, the leavers were a bit on the sticky side so I pulled of each end cover to investigate,

DSC02847 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

Quite a bit of corrosion and old grease in there.
DSC02849 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

After some head scratching as I dont have a valve compression tool, of those who might be in the same boat as me, this is how I got round the issue of compressing the spring to get the circlip back in, attached a G Clamp and worked a spanner using the G Clamp as the leaver, worked a treat.
DSC02850 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

Everything got a good grease up during assembly and a coat of paint when finished, I need to source rubbers for the base of the leavers to keep the water out.
DSC02860 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

For painting these smaller items I have been using an airbrush, its a bit on the small side and the paint needs to be very thing but it works a treat,

DSC02861 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

Chris

Work has been ongoing slowly this last month, I have been trying to get the tractor hydraulics sorted out, no one local have the light fittings I need, they are very expensive but I have managed to find a supplier who has what I need to get me going, I am blanking the rear spool valves to give me more time to sort out the rest, when the backhoe is on I dont need the aux. rear spools anyway.

The fittings I am trying to replace,

Banjo fitting 3/8"- 12mm compression approx £14 each and I would need 7 to replace them all.
Untitled by chrismac2012, on Flickr

Banjo bolt

3/8" to 12mm straight connector, have managed to souce one local.

I have managed to get the hydraulic hoses ordered for the backhoe and get them fitted (with out much issue) connected the pump and filled the rear tank with oil after flushing it out, a couple of spool valve operating rods spun when cleaning them so the levers never operated but that was soon sorted, glad I changed the spool mounting plate to bolt on though, I need to clip the rear boom hoses as origionally the steel hoses gave some support.

The bonnet got attacked by birds dropping so I have it off again and am in the middle of touching up the paint.

Chris

Last edited:
   / TX 2160F, with front loader and backhoe, long term project #117  
Last photo already looks pretty awesome Chris!

Things moving along slowly on the tractor these days, I have managed to get the paintwork on the bonnet tidied up and the repair blended in (in a fashion:laughing:) I rubbing it down with P600 wet and dry. then P1200 then P3000, the paint took about 3 weeks to dry enough for me to get on it with the wet and dry, its turned ouy pretty good, for an old tractor and a meer amature like me. The red oxcide part is a weld repair on the cross beam, it was cracked and I never noticed until I went to reassemble the loader.
I also put on the decals, the cut of the angle is not quite correct, I might let the supplier know the correct angle for the next person which makes a purchase.

DSC02864 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02866 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

I had to replace the seals on the slewing rams as they were leaking, these were from the origional backhoe as the ones fitted to the replacement backhoe were pitted internally due to water sitting in them, I just wonder if the tank had water in it and the water made its way to these rams and never got out, we will never know.

I am also monitoring the rear jacks as there could be a weep from one of those too, thay are the origional loader rams, they were pitted externally so with them being out of sight its a good place for them hidden in the jack.

I had a bit of head scratching with the loader hydraulics, I now think I understand how the complete system works, as you can see the loader has 3 3/8th hoses, supply, return and what I think is power beyond (Not sure if thats what it is called but have read all about it), but basically what I think happens is the oil from the tractor is fed from a triangular block under the seat up into the under seat spool valves (steel pipe in the picture) it then passes through the spool block to the top left in the picture flexi hose which is the supply to the loader spools, the return from the loader spools is then fed back in to the rear of the triangular block completeing the loop, the 3rd hose from the loader spools with the large unpainted square block is fed back in to the rear of the under seat spools which ties into the last steel pipe on the spools which is to an open return to the rear transmission. I think what happends is the oil then flows with no back pressure until the hydraulic leavers are operated which in turn then diverts the oil through the return side of the loader spools.

DSC02867 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02868 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

I had some issues with the loader spools leaking, tonight I changed the 2 O-rings on the tilt side and am hoping thats cured the leak.

next job is get the front bucket made, the origional is scrap, its rotten.

Chris

I did a slight modification, (back to as it should) on the backhoe seat mount, I never noticed before now but I did think it was pretty rough to be from factory standard, it I had to cut and reset the 30mm x 50mm box section, back in and not over lapped as it was, but I never had a replacement bit of box section so cut 2 30mm x 30mm and made a 30mm x 50mm, it turned out okay, it was quite tricky cutting out the old and not covering everything in hot sparks, I used a recprocation saw for as much as I could, covering as much as possible with old sheets, making sure they never went on fire, once finished the seat now sits over the driving seat and folds over onto the leavers as it should, I gave the backhoe seat a freshen up also with a coat of paint and bought some new trim for around the edge,

DSC02870 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02871 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02872 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

I had the tractor out today, its coming very close to complete now, not getting much done this last while due to other commitments but thos can sit on the back burner until the spring comes round, I have the steel for a new front bucket bent up ready for making new sides and brackets, the front bucket that is fitting is good enough to get it working if its needed, its just rather rusty and has a couple of holes. I have a couple of cover panels to make for the spool valves.

DSC02874 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

DSC02875 by chrismac2012, on Flickr

Chris