Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone?

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #51  
Please share the pros and cons!
I have a 23 year old Kawasaki Mule 2510. I am looking for a better ride, (more suspension).
I am considering Kawasaki Mule Pro FX series FX or FXR I don't need tow rows of seats, and Can Am Defender HD8

Will it seat three across?

Can you also provide some measurements?

How high from the ground to the open tailgate? My Mule is 29" I am guess more suspension means higher?

How wide is the seating (side to side) for all seats? My Mule is 42" We SQUEEZE in three at times

How much foot room front to rear to set your right foot ?( I am size 13)
Do the front inner fenders cause foot room problems? Real bad in my Mule. Also it's gas pedal is to the right of the vehicle center line, hard to operate with three aboard.

Thanks!

Sorry, can't resist- 23 second parody of your post:

home advisor neighbor - wants you to do everything - YouTube

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #52  
Please share the pros and cons!
I have a 23 year old Kawasaki Mule 2510. I am looking for a better ride, (more suspension).
I am considering Kawasaki Mule Pro FX series FX or FXR I don't need tow rows of seats, and Can Am Defender HD8

Will it seat three across?

Can you also provide some measurements?

How high from the ground to the open tailgate? My Mule is 29" I am guess more suspension means higher?

How wide is the seating (side to side) for all seats? My Mule is 42" We SQUEEZE in three at times

How much foot room front to rear to set your right foot ?( I am size 13)
Do the front inner fenders cause foot room problems? Real bad in my Mule. Also it's gas pedal is to the right of the vehicle center line, hard to operate with three aboard.

Thanks!

Gee, SW Michigan huh? Go to the GR Kubota dealer with a tape measure and find out for yourself. You are a big boy right?

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #53  
I test drove an 850 and it definitely "jerks" the crap out of you on take off. I really liked it, but I do a lot of slow stop and go driving through the woods and this was a deal killer for me. I had the same problem with a Ranger XP900. Duraclutch fixed that. Not aware of any fixes for the Kubota. If the "jerk" doesn't bother you, it looks like an excellent machine. Build quality seems better than my Mule and way better than my Ranger.

I can hold my 'crap' better than that. It jerks a bit but certainly not enough to cause me to poo my pants. Not by a long shot.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #55  
   / Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #56  
Hard Crowd here. Sorry I even asked.

We forgive you.

I just went thru many comparisons between brands/models before buying and found the online specifications pretty complete for dimensions, etc. Time consuming though.

John

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #57  
I’m always amazed at how obnoxious people can be hiding behind a keyboard… but I digress. I’m on my 4th Mule, a 4010. I was drawn to the Kubota because I basically wanted an updated Mule that was more comfortable. I didn’t do any measuring while I test drove the Sidekick but the ergonomics seemed very similar to the Mule, for better or worse. Quiet engine, sturdy bed, just like the Mule. The biggest difference was the ride quality. A major improvement. The deal killer for me was the jerking feeling as the belt engaged. I’m sure someone will come up with a “fix”. The question is when.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #58  
I’m always amazed at how obnoxious people can be hiding behind a keyboard… but I digress. I’m on my 4th Mule, a 4010. I was drawn to the Kubota because I basically wanted an updated Mule that was more comfortable. I didn’t do any measuring while I test drove the Sidekick but the ergonomics seemed very similar to the Mule, for better or worse. Quiet engine, sturdy bed, just like the Mule. The biggest difference was the ride quality. A major improvement. The deal killer for me was the jerking feeling as the belt engaged. I’m sure someone will come up with a “fix”. The question is when.

That can be a problem with some of the UTVs. I test drove a CF Moto UForce 1000, which was a fairly well done machine, but it uses the CVTech transmission, which is a clutched CVT similar to the Yamaha design. They are great for belt life, but man was the engagement rough!

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #59  
I just ordered a sidekick on Monday. I didn't notice the jerking on our test drive. Looking forward to the new machine.

/ Kubota RTV-XG850, Anyone? #60  
Discussed my issues with my dealer (jerking on take off and the fuel pedal issue). He just got back from Grapevine, Texas and posed both of my concerns to Kubota.

First, he told me the 'jerk'; I experience will subside as the drive gets broken in. I'll buy than in as much as we have under 50 milers on it presently.

The fuel pedal issue will be addressed under warranty. Kubota is in process of making a fuel pedal re-design and will become available. I imagine that the actuator rod will be lengthened and possibly curved a bit to place the pedal in a better position.

I suspect that when the redesigned pedal becomes available, I'll get one and will replace this one in my own shop and give him the old one for credit. How it usually works with me. I remember way back when, I had a leaking saddle tank on my M9 and Kubota replaced it but I did it here and gave my dealer the leaker back.