Grease Gun Recommendations

/ Grease Gun Recommendations
Thanks guys! Sure have a few to pick from now. I was using one from tractor supply that was causing me problems. I figured its time for a new one.
And I want to buy the right one this time.

Thanks again!

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #13  
I don稚 think the Milwaukee or Dewalt gun is better than the other one. Already having tools/batteries from one manufacturer would make it an easy choice. Finding my Dewalt gun with battery and charger for $150 made it an easy choice.

I'll second this one too! I was already quite heavily invested into Milwaukee.

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #14  
I grease once or twice a month, and find it difficult to justify spending $150 on a battery operated grease gun...$250 if I need a battery and charger.

If I get one, it will need to be a Dewalt as that is what I have now for drills, etc. I saw a negative review on Amazon from one guy who found it difficult to load. Any comments on that?

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #15  
I have a Stewart Warner Alemite A550 that is 40 years old and still works perfect. It has the pistol grip squeeze handle and flexible hose. For normal greasing task I couldn't want anything different.

That said I bought a full size backhoe a few years back and greasing it with the SW became tiresome. I treated myself to a DeWalt 20v cordless and it makes life easier.

I also have a Blue Point GA471. It too is a pistol grip but uses the small grease tubes and has a stubby ridged spout. I keep it loaded with TS marine grease. If I'm just hitting a couple of fittings on the lawn mower I grab it.

My last gun is a noname pistol grip I bought from TS when I thought I needed 3 different types of grease. It works okay but doesn't get a lot of use.

I wouldn't use a lever type gun if you gave it to me.

A man can't have too many grease guns or tape measures.

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #16  
I grease once or twice a month, and find it difficult to justify spending $150 on a battery operated grease gun...$250 if I need a battery and charger.

If I get one, it will need to be a Dewalt as that is what I have now for drills, etc. I saw a negative review on Amazon from one guy who found it difficult to load. Any comments on that?

The battery guns are great, I am sure,.....but the COST!
The most bang for the buck, is the Lincoln Pneumatic gun.
On Amazon, and at Home Depot for $71.07.
If you are a veteran, 10% off at HD.

Do not buy the Harbor Freight pneumatic gun!
It is a POS!
I bought it, and threw it away!

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #17  

Loads similar to any other grease gun, except for a bleeder valve that sometimes needs to be opened to get the new grease pumping.
My ZD mowers have over 15 zirks, and I fly through them!

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #18  

If you keep running the DeWalt after the grease runs out it sucks the tube and collapses it. Makes it pretty hard to extract the plunger. You won't do it more than a couple of times. It changes from a pumping sound to a steady motor sound when the grease tube is empty.

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #19  
Love my Dewalt 20V. For someone that always used a manual gun, there was a slight learning curve (bleeder valve mostly), but now I fly through all my zerks!

/ Grease Gun Recommendations #20  
^ +1
I have a pistol grip and a lever type gun and a dewalt 20V. The dewalt is worth every penny I paid for it. I still use my manual ones from time to time, but only because I use a different type of grease for a different purpose in them, but most greasing is with the dewalt.