Buying Advice New Deutz Fahr tractors

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #1  

dan28040

Bronze Member
Tractor
Farmtrac 665
Anyone have a good review of the new deutz tractors. Very fun interested in them and looking for honest reviews. They look like heavy built tractors

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #2  
They really are nice tractors, sadly they are expensive and worse yet, we don't even have a good Deutz dealer...

SR

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors
I’ve spoken with the North American sales director. They are working on building a good solid dealer network. I have a dealer 3 hours from me. I don’t mind paying more for quality as long as the back their product

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #4  
I have a Deutz dealer about half an hour from me. I have checked them out, and was impressed. Unfortunately, they are definitely out of my price range. I have seen used ones on the web at a decent price though.

Have never seen one in the fields around here, but I’m sure they are out there somewhere.

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #5  
Our farmers brought two in a shipping Container from Germany when they started here. I think they still have one, twenty something years later. There is a dealer near us, Maple Lane Farms, Good People. Having said that, you don't see a lot of Deutz Tractors around here.

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #6  
Anyone have a good review of the new deutz tractors. Very fun interested in them and looking for honest reviews. They look like heavy built tractors
Ive got a 75hp Keyline. 12 x 3 gear box. Done appropriately 600 hours in 3 years. It has a fork lift fitted to it. Has been really good to date, plenty of power for my 5 tyne ripper, hydraulics work well with my twin trimmers. A few more gears would be nice, other than that I'm pretty happy with it 20151018_171723.jpeg

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #7  
I have used the larger tractors with computer gearboxes, the manuels are crap. The tractor itself is well built but let down by a manuel that only deals with the computer.
A deutz "safty feature" is 2 item activation, this gets tedious after a while. eg the hydraulics need to be woke up each time you start the engine,or no hydraulics. ( on 1 model you press"stop" button on the command arm to wake the hydraulics.)
As a user , these are a 1 operator tractor.
There may be a simipler model like JD have with the "M " vs "R" model at the same hp.
good luck

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #8  
Here in Australia they are building in popularity. I have a few friends that have 100hp cabs with full electronics (lift, hydraulics, gear splitters) and they're happy with them. And usually most of their models there's plenty of options of how 'simple' or 'electronic' you want your tractor. I'd definitely buy another, the only reservation I have is the company here in Australia that imports them is terrible to deal with. With my John Deere if im unhappy with my dealer I can complain to john deere Australia, with my Deutz if im unhappy with the dealer the importer is just as useless.

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #9  
Rambo33, I have operated 3 shades of green. JD, Fendt and Deutz Farr.
JD and Fendt are intuitve to operate while the Deutz is different logic.

Dan28040 does not say if he is a full time farmer or not but if he wants to put multiple operators on it then the computer everything models would be a poor option, how ever in New Zealand there is a modest market for Deutz on dairy farms which is a good indicator that there is a basic model which would probably suit his needs best.
A good(?) point for Deutz is how cheap used parts are. There is very little used market for Deutz. My boss runs 2 Deutz (160 and 200hp)tractors so he would know.

/ New Deutz Fahr tractors #10  
If you are trouble shooting for Deutz, there is very little english language stuff I found.
You need to know how to use a translation program .