BH92 on any M series Cab?

/ BH92 on any M series Cab?
Kubota changed the BH92 to allow it to fit on Grand L cab models in the last year or two. Don't know if it's a change to the subframe or the hoe unit or both. Maybe a dealer can give you the specifics before you start shopping.

I will double check before purchasing a tractor, but what I was told is that when the L series went to the -3 version, they changed the cab mount and came out with a subframe that fit.

NEWBURY- I want to stay with a subframe mount. I work in rocky terrain and it is pretty tough work for this size of backhoe.

/ BH92 on any M series Cab? #12  
Kubota changed the BH92 to allow it to fit on Grand L cab models in the last year or two. Don't know if it's a change to the subframe or the hoe unit or both. Maybe a dealer can give you the specifics before you start shopping.
More like 7 yrs ago. 1484362403091.jpg

/ BH92 on any M series Cab? #13  
So, you're thinking there might be a special, dropped subframe to allow the BH92 to work on the Mxx40/xx60's with 30" rears (vs. the 24" rears on the GL's)? IOW, a low-rider, maybe :D? That would look pretty cool but would play heck with ground clearance, no? I'm going with Neil's comment... bigger hoe for a bigger tractor.

I'm eager to learn more about this larger hoe kubota makes. Truly.

/ BH92 on any M series Cab? #14  
I'm eager to learn more about this larger hoe kubota makes. Truly.

Well, you got me... a little. There was an 11 ft factory backhoe available for the M6040/7040, the M4011. Looks like a hoss of a backhoe:

TractorData.com Kubota M6�4� tractor attachments information

I can only guess that K still offers that BH or something similar for the M6060, and that's what Neil was referring to.

Edit: It's a $12k+ option on the M6060 so they're probably not flying out the door.

/ BH92 on any M series Cab? #15  
   / BH92 on any M series Cab? #16  
Are you sure you need a subframe for it? When I was looking into getting a mount to put my BH70-X on my M4700 I contacted Woods and they recommended a top-link contraption "3 point hitch Saf-T-lock".

Essentially a beefed up top link used for the Woods BH90.

Thanks for posting that Wood's sticker showing just how that mounting a backhoe to a 3pt hitch can be hazardous. The problem that scares me is that it is possible - even easy - to hook up a 3 pt BH without those safety features. The danger is kind of difficult to visualize and the Wood's sticker helps show what can happen. I'm betting there are lots of people don't know about the hazard. In fact, I didn't know about it until one day it happened to me.

As the sticker shows, at the minimum there needs to be a special stronger top link AND heavy diagonal bracing on both sides which they show as a "Saf-T-Lock" between the lower and upper lift arms. And it also needs replacement pins rated to take the higher shearing stresses.
What is being shown in the sticker is a known hazard with all 3pt backhoes; it happens when putting downpressure on the BH bucket. Pressure in that direction makes the whole hoe try to pivot around the outer connection to the upper link. That rotation (about 40 degrees) can cause the BH levers to rotate up and in as shown.... pinning the operator against the back of the tractor seat. It's especially dangerous if draft control gets involved.

In spite of this, lots of people have used 3 pt hoes successfully for light jobs - I know that because I'm one of them. But my 3 pt backhoe did manage to scare me a couple of times doing this very thing. Anyway, I'm not trying to be a fear monger, but before using a 3pt backhoe it would pay to study that sticker and understand what it is showing.
Please be careful.
rScotty
Woods 3pt Safety Sticker for BH.png

On the "Build my Kubota" site, the backhoe option for the M6060/7060 goes away if you select Cab. So that's off the list, although the only cost-effective option for me is to stick with my BH92 anyway.

/ BH92 on any M series Cab? #18  
On the "Build my Kubota" site, the backhoe option for the M6060/7060 goes away if you select Cab. So that's off the list, although the only cost-effective option for me is to stick with my BH92 anyway.

So, is/was the BH92 on your MX5100 or is it something you acquired independent of the MX? Are you planning to keep the MX? Seems to me your options follow along these lines:

1. If you're keeping the MX, it should be relatively easy to obtain a subframe so it could be your backhoe tractor. Maybe your situation is different, but in 10+ years of use, I've never needed to operate the backhoe in conditions that would dictate a cab.
2. Assuming the MX is going, and you're trying to get a backhoe on a new-to-you cab tractor, you might find a new or used Grand L that is compatible with the BH92 you have. All you'd need is the proper subframe.
3. It could be you won't find a Grand L that would match your particular BH92 for whatever reason. If you have time, money and a top notch fabricator, a custom subframe could be built for whatever cab tractor you choose.
In the end, unless you can go with option 1 or 2, I think you'd be better off finding a cab tractor + backhoe designed from the git go to work together. Having bought a new Kubota backhoe myself, I know that if it's new or almost new, that BH92 wasn't cheap, but I think looking for a tractor to match your backhoe is kind of a "cart before the horse" situation.

So, is/was the BH92 on your MX5100 or is it something you acquired independent of the MX? Are you planning to keep the MX? Seems to me your options follow along these lines:

1. If you're keeping the MX, it should be relatively easy to obtain a subframe so it could be your backhoe tractor. Maybe your situation is different, but in 10+ years of use, I've never needed to operate the backhoe in conditions that would dictate a cab.
2. Assuming the MX is going, and you're trying to get a backhoe on a new-to-you cab tractor, you might find a new or used Grand L that is compatible with the BH92 you have. All you'd need is the proper subframe.
3. It could be you won't find a Grand L that would match your particular BH92 for whatever reason. If you have time, money and a top notch fabricator, a custom subframe could be built for whatever cab tractor you choose.
In the end, unless you can go with option 1 or 2, I think you'd be better off finding a cab tractor + backhoe designed from the git go to work together. Having bought a new Kubota backhoe myself, I know that if it's new or almost new, that BH92 wasn't cheap, but I think looking for a tractor to match your backhoe is kind of a "cart before the horse" situation.

I currently have an MX5100 with backhoe. In the summer when I use the backhoe I don't need a cab (and in fact would prefer not to have a cab when using the backhoe) but this winter I've been wanting a cab. So I am looking at my options under your #2, a new-to-me cab tractor, to which I would add the Kubota subframe (and route the PB to the rear). We are at 9,000 ft so turbo is essential (to me). I've been looking mostly at used L5740 and L6060. I like HST but don't need all the "HST +" stuff, and started thinking giving up the HST in favor of heavier built tractor might be worth it. But I've sort of drawn the line at selling the BH, selling the MX is bad enough from a depreciation standpoint.

/ BH92 on any M series Cab? #20  
That makes perfect sense. The MX5100 and the L5740, L6060 are very close in size and performance. I think going up to the M utility platform would have its advantages but would unfortunately put you in uncharted territory regarding whether you could get your BH to fit.

Just wondering about that depreciation thing, though. I'm no tractor buying/selling guru, but recent model tractors that don't have the latest Tier 4 emissions, such as your MX5100, are reported to be in high demand and seem to be holding their values based on what one sees in some of the online equipment listings. If you haven't gotten into those details yet, it might be worth checking out.