Bobcat mini excavators

/ Bobcat mini excavators #11  
I think the Deere's have Isuzu engines. I didn't really like the controls on the Deere's - they function bassackwards from the other's (at least the 160 and 200). It takes some getting used to. The 160 undercarriage seemed to be undermassed compared to the weight of the boom/dipper. Whenever you'd extend fully; you'd better be squared up with the tracks 'cause it would lean.. really lean with a big mouthfull.

The Komatsu dealer here will drop a machine off for a weekend (free) if you're real serious about buying. It's a great way to find the plus and minus of a machine.

AKfish

/ Bobcat mini excavators
Like evryone has said, try them for yourself and you be the judge. I have only used Bobcat and Kubota, and I stand by my remarks. The plus side to the Bobcat is....they have Kubota engines. The only, and I mean only, thing I liked about the Bobcat was the thicker metal on the lower cowlings which can dent easily on mini-Xs, but then again, Kubotas lower cowlings are replacebale where Bobcat is sort of a 1 peice which would cost way more to replace. I am not certain the Bobcat takeover by Doosan will increase the quality either. Isn't Deeres made by Hitachi and CATs by Mitsubishi?? I don't like rebranded machines, but I have not heard anything bad about CATs or Deeres though. Check out the Lawnsite Heavy Equipment forum, great resource.

Yeah, Deeres ar Hibachis ;) and Cases are Kobelcos.

/ Bobcat mini excavators #13  
maybe they supply you guys with different spec machines over there...

I've got a 418 bobcat excavator as part of my fleet, the guys who've used it like it for its ability to dig.

they usually observe that the bobcat controls are a lot quicker than most and this takes a little bit of getting used to initially.

and it has 2 speed so its not absurdly slow across the ground, the thing is full of neat ideas and given i'm 6'5" i can still manage to be comfortable on a 1.2t excavator.

still, to some guys anything but their brand is no good.

/ Bobcat mini excavators #14  
My 2 cents worth. I have had a couple Yanmars. All things else being equal, the bucket quick coupler alone is the tie breaker. It is hydraulic. You can change buckets in less than a minute. If it wasn't for the locking pin you wouldn't even have to get off the machine.

/ Bobcat mini excavators #15  
If it helps anything, no manufacturer that I know of build even half the machine. Most times another mfgr. engines are used, pumps, valves, cylinders, tracks etc. are not built by the people with the name on the machine. So buy what you like and run it with confidence that its as good as anything out there.

/ Bobcat mini excavators
If it helps anything, no manufacturer that I know of build even half the machine. Most times another mfgr. engines are used, pumps, valves, cylinders, tracks etc. are not built by the people with the name on the machine. So buy what you like and run it with confidence that its as good as anything out there.

While that may be true, certain machine manufacturers will use better quality subcontractors and suppliers than other manufacturers. Therefore, some machines are better than others. Not all of them are created equal.

If we were talking pickuptrucks, your point of view would probably be better.

/ Bobcat mini excavators
My 2 cents worth. I have had a couple Yanmars. All things else being equal, the bucket quick coupler alone is the tie breaker. It is hydraulic. You can change buckets in less than a minute. If it wasn't for the locking pin you wouldn't even have to get off the machine.

I'm really interested in Yanmar. They are at the top of the list, but what will end up happening is I will buy the best used machine available at the time when it finally has to be bought. It's the one thing I hate about running a business-you usually have to buy with your back up against the wall. :(

/ Bobcat mini excavators #18  
I own a Kubota mini and I tried the Bobcrap (got that from another forum....) equivelant, and I was less than impressed. Sloppy, cheap, slow, weak.....I could go on and on.

Really? You have to be kidding. How much time did you spend on Bobcat? I think you have been reading too much of Bobcat Ron's propoganda!

/ Bobcat mini excavators #19  
Too funny.....I did get that from Bobcat Ron!!! You guys have way more fun over there at LawnSite than over here, less humor over here. But I did spemd enough time to know I like the Kubota better without a doubt. I am not saying everything Bobcat is crap, I just didn't like their miniXs compared to Kubota.....keeping in mind my scope is extremely narrow since those are the only 2 I have used. I would like to try the Deere and the CATs and all in between given the chance.

/ Bobcat mini excavators #20  
We have rented about every brand and the older bobcats seem a little slower and easier to over work than Kubota and Kumatsu. The 430 seems like the best bobcat we have rented and the Kumatsu 40? seem best in its size and the kx161 seem best Kubota unit we have run other older units seem to always disappoint us when we have to use them. Just my 2cents