John Deere 2320 4.80 star(s) (59)

Under 25 HP Tractors
1704756948 (7).jpg

About the John Deere 2320

John Deere 2320 Discussions (241)

Here are the most recent 2320 topics from our community.
  1. H

Homemade Cab for Deere 2320 CUT

OK, so after the past winter using my 2320 with a rear mounted Farm King snowblower, it became very obvious that I needed a cab! When that ol' wind catches the stream just the wrong way and hits...
  2. F

JD2320 VS. Kubota B2620

Finally got the ok from the wife to get a real tractor. Torn between B2620 vs. the JD2320. Tractor will be primarily used for mowing about 3 acres of lawn. Looking at the 60" MMM. FEL work will...
  3. O

Comparison JD 2305 vs JD 2320

Hi, I have 10.5 mostly flat acres of property - with about 6.5 acres being forested. The rest is about and acre of cleared land for building (barn, house, vehicle turnaround etc.) and then there...
  4. BIG DOOLEY

Bucket Grapple Project Deere 2320

I would say the hard part of the fabrication work is over. Lots of little details left to do. I have the cylinder mounted and the rest of the work is cross supports, gussets, cylinder guard...
  5. BlackRaptor

I found a cheap enclosure for us 2320 2520 guys for winter

Hey guys I found this seller on ebay. it might not be pretty but it would keep you out of the blowing wind in the dead of january. I might pick one up because it's not too expensive and i don't...
  6. JDinVT

Time to sell my JD 2320, Considering a 3039R or 4052R

Hello all, It's been a LONG time since I posted on it. I am selling my 2011 2320 (which I think I have sold already for $15,750) which includes a 54D mower deck and a 200CX loader with a 4'...
  7. 1

Problems trying to install chains on rear wheels of JD 2320

I'm having some problems trying to figure out how to mount chains on the rear wheels of my John Deere 2320 tractor. First of all, to clarify why I even think of chains, I live on the side of a...
  8. G

Buying Advice John Deere 2320 / 2520 ??????

I am in the process of picking out a new tractor either the 2320 or the 2520, I am trying to sell my 2008 Cub Cadet GT 2544 on craigslist but have had no bites yet.... I hate to loose that extra...
  9. kennyd

Meyer's plow on a JD 2320

So, A guy (named Joe) from this forum asked me to build a custom plow setup for his new 2320. As some of you know the 54" plow that JD offers for the 2x20 series machines is a joke on many...
  10. C

Does a JD2320 sound right for me?

Hello all -- I will start shopping for a new CUT in the next few weeks, armed with the knowledge I've gained by browsing this forum for some time. Thanks for the resource!:D I think I have a...
  11. B

Owner review of Kubota B2920 v. Deere 2320

Well, I mentioned in another thread that I'd outline the reasons why I traded my B2920 Kubota in for a Deere 2320. And at the risk of criticism, I'm writing this up to save someone in my position...
  12. C

JD 2320/2520 vs. Kubota B7800

I've been tractor shopping for a few weeks and have narrowed my choices to the two Deeres and the old style Kubota. I can buy the 2520 and the B7800 comparably equipped with FEL and 60" MMM for...
  13. lost in wisconsin

Electric Actuator for Spout Control (JD 2320)

In response to Deere 2520's post last week regarding installation of a rocker switch for an electric actuator, I thought I would finally post how I handled this task. I completed this task in...
  14. T

3-Point Hitch Towing a RV with a John Deere 2320

I am considering purchasing a 27' airstream that weights 6000 lbs, and I was looking for thoughts on using my John Deere 2320 to move the trailer around in my yard. The hitch weight is 791 lbs for...
  15. J

Our new 2320 Finally!

We finally got our 2320 Thanksgiving weekend and immediately got it covered in mud doing various pre winter chores. YAH! I moved the skid shoes on the blower all the way up as I only blow snow on...
  16. dmay

Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320

I've been comparing a Kubota B2320 to a John Deere 2320. I felt this was a fair model match up. Here are some of the key differences I found: Kubota B2320 - LA304 loader has a pinned non quick...
  17. A

New Jd 2320 cooling line looks rusty

I was washing the tractor down with the garden hose when I realized what looks like a rubber coating on the cooling line in front of the radiator and also just below where the battery sits has...
  18. JDinVT

JD 2320 vs B2320

I was sold on green and yellow paint, but everyone I speak with tells me I should get something orange - mainly a Kubota that is orange. See - the people that are telling me this seem to know...
  19. 7

Price Check New John Deere 2320 vs Used 3320

I went shopping for a new tractor. I like the size and looks of the 2520, priced a new 2011 it with 200CX FEL and JD46 Backhoe at $23,500 ($6700 for backhoe WOW!) Anyway dealer called me and he...
  20. JD230511

MY NEW 2320 IS HERE!!!!

I got my New tractor today!!! Man was I susprised!!! I didnt think I didnt think i would get it till the first of next week. Dealer didnt have the hood guard in stock but he said I could come and...
[ad placeholder]

User Reviews (59)

Read what TractorByNet members think about the John Deere 2320 Subcompact Tractor
83 %
12 %
3 %
2 %
0 %
5.00 star(s)
Trufflepig

2320 John Deere
Deere 2320 Compact
Model Year: 2006

Excellent tractor - 3 cyl. diesel with front end loaded. Used to work a 50x75 garden, and 3 acres of lawn and woods. Very dependable, and strong for 20+ horse (rated at 23), fully hydrostatic. After 3 years I have replaced the battery. The 4x4 drive works very well even with turf tires. This model I believe was discontinued and is now the 2520. The only complain was the cost but a compact tractor is usually a bit of an investment and lasts a heck of a lot longer than small lawn tractors. I particularly like the loader and the 64" drive over mower deck and 3 point hitch. I'd buy again - my local service (Wainwright's John Deere) is very responsive and capable.

Pros: Veristile, powerful, dependable and lots of accessories
Cons: Expensive

5.00 star(s)
JohnnyD2320

2320 John Deere
First Deere, very impressed!
Model Year: 2007

This machine takes care of 3 acres of lawn as well as 300' of driveway. Ordered with 62d, loader and backhoe. All attachments are quality. The only thing that failed was the battery. This machine is easy to service and changing attachments is probably as quick and easy as it gets. Traction in the snow with Turf tires is very good. Nothing bad to say about the machine or attachments. John Deere parts pricing is high. I broke a piece on the 3pt hitch and the cost was very high.

Pros: quality build, easy quick attachments, pretty good on fuel
Cons: Cost of parts

5.00 star(s)
Dale1995

2320 John Deere
Another Happy Deere Owner
Model Year: 2008

This is my second John Deere, my first was an x495 with a Curtis cab, and 47" blower and 54" mower. I had over 350 hours on this machine and it performed perfectly. In 2008 I wanted to upgrade to 4 wheel drive and a diesel engine. I decided on this model because of its smaller stature, but high ground clearance. I have about 5 acres that I keep mowed, the 64D deck has always performed well, the engine has lots of power and only sips a little fuel. The 200cx loader is very handy, I currently have a pair of forks and a grapple that also mount on the loader. I also have a ballast box and 5' box blade, and landscape sprayer that mounts onto the 3 point hitch. I love this tractor, the only thing that I wished it had was tilt wheel like my x495 had, a step from the factory (although I did make one) and a horn.

Pros: Easy on fuel, sure footed, very stable, great heat from the heater
Cons: no tilt wheel, no step to get on and off with

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Anonymous Poster

2320 John Deere
Great Little Tractor
Model Year: 2006

My wife and I were out shoveling a mound of 3/4 minus gravel brought to me by my courteous dump truck driver. We were supposed to have use of a John Deer tractor, but unfortunately it broke down, so 3 days of HARD labor later, we got it distributed where we wanted it. Afterward, every muscle in our bodies didn't like us. So we decided that was our last shovelful. And by the way, we have shoveled very very little since we bought our JD 2320. By the way, if you buy a compact tractor like this is, do not fail to buy 2 things, - the 4-wheel drive feature and the hydro - these are 2 must-have features.. The rest of the stuff is icing on the cake. I'm very happy with the tractor all around, As with everybody, I could have used just a few more horsepower. Still satisfied over all. We have the ride-over deck which is reasonably easy to attach and detach. We have a 5-foot blade in the back, does what it is supposed to do. Definitely need the rear ballast box when carrying a heavy load in the bucket. I think right now the best attachment I got for it is a 6 inch PTO driven chipper. My only con on the chipper is that it is kind of a bugger to get it going, needs a certain knack to get the chipper flywheel going as it is so heavy and the JD has an electric PTO clutch. As long as you have good timing and you hold you r tongue just right you can get the chipper fired up without killing the engine. Yes, it will kill the engine, even though it is hydro. According to the manufacturer, it will do 6 inch logs, I haven't been able to do that large yet, but I have done 4 inch logs. Believe it or not you can even aim the chippings into a 32 gallon garbage can. The tractor has come in very handy moving trailers around , and lifting things. All in all, a great investment!

Pros: Good do-everything tractor
Cons: needs a little more horsepower

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
Joe Llama

2320 John Deere
JD 2320 Review
Model Year: 2009

I purchased my JD 2320 in July 2009. Attachments included a ballast box, FEL, 48" rotary cutter (brush hog type, post hole digger with 6" and 12" augers and 47" snow thrower. My first project was cutting a 5 acre field that hadn't been cut in more than two years. The weeds were much higher than the hood of the tractor. I put it in low range and it just walked through the tangled mess. Since then I've used it for cutting weeds and keeping a horse pasture trimmed and it has performed flawlessly. I have used the 2320 to tow a Vermeer 625 chipper into the woods and it works well. I used the FEL to construct a 75 foot road to access our horse barn from a low, swampy area. I first laid a bed of #2 drain rock and then applied road base over the rock. I was working in red clay that was moist and greasy and the 2320 never lost traction. Its light weight and 4WD was a real asset. I carried about 500# of cement blocks in the ballast box and a full load in the FEL bucket so traction was never a problem. I used the 2320 to move around a 20 ft car hauler and it workeed well. I've hauled full loads of firewood in a 4 x 8 one axel utility trailer with no problems. So far the 2320 has done every project that I've set out to do with it and I'm very pleased. In a few weeks I'll be back in the woods with it, chipping brush and hauling firewood. Its compact size make it a natural in tight spots. I especially like the hydrostatic drive when I'm cutting next to a creek that has high and sometimes unstable banks. The ability to go very slow is an advantage in that situation because I have no desire to test the durability of the roll bar. In summary, I'm very happy that I purchased the 2320 and I wish I had bought it a year or two prior to when I got it. So far it's a great tractor. For big jobs I have a JD 4010 row crop tractor but it no good for woods work and at 10,000# it's not something you want to drive into swampy clay soil.

Pros: Good power, easy to handle, 4WD lets you work in mud and it used less than 1 gallon of fuel per hour at full PTO speed.
Cons: High gear is more for transport than for work. It's not a problem, just an observatio0n.

5.00 star(s)
Pushing_Tin

2320 John Deere
Very reliable tractor with only one drawback...

I owned a 2320 for 3 years, accumulating about 120 hours when it was sold. This was a dependable little tractor that I eventually outgrew. I never had a single mechanical issue with the tractor, and found it invaluable to me on my property. The one maddening issue I had was when I was mowing tall wet grass. The exposed 4x4 driveshaft would spring, wrapping up the grass until the tractor would barely move. There were times when this grass would wrap more than 5"! It sometimes took me hours of cutting with a box cutter to get it all out. My replacement 3320 does not have this shaft exposed so I no longer have any issues. Other than that, I happily recommend this tractor.

Pros: Resale value, ergonomics, dependability
Cons: Exposed 4x4 driveshaft

5.00 star(s)
powerdam1953

2320 John Deere
JD 2320 compact tractor
Model Year: 2008

First of all, this is my first tractor. I love it so far. The tractor was 'used' as it had all of 7.8 hours on it. It came with a pto tiller and a rake. I have added a front loader and the 62" belly mower. I bought the tractor to help maintain 12 acres and a large garden. I have not been disappointed with anything, but there have been a couple of times it seemed a slight bit underpowered. Could be operator inexperience though, so, keep in mind I am new to these things. I love using the loader in clearing some area's in the woods and carrying loads of firewood. The tiller has only been used to try it out and it did all I expected of it and quickly too. I mow about 3 acres of lawn and previously used a 42" zero-turn mower. Now the smaller mower is a trim mower because the tractor is so much better and faster. I love mowing now. I look for things to use the tractor for and there are many things it helps me do.

Pros: Uses very little fuel and with 4 wheel drive and power steering, is a dream to operate.
Cons: Except for reasonable power limitations, no issues, I love it.

5.00 star(s)
Hopster

2320 John Deere
It has done it all
Model Year: 2010

The tractor has done everything that I have needed it to. I have used the front loaded, the mis mower, and the bush hog. I live on extreme hills and it had climbed every one that I put in its path. I wish I got this thing years ago.

Pros: Great all around tractor.
Cons: Havent found one yet.

4.00 star(s)
rockotman

2320 John Deere
JD2320 - New 2010
Model Year: 2010

I ordered this tractor in late March, 2010. The dealer said it would be in in two to three weeks. It finally showed up in late May. That is about the only down-side so far. This is my first tractor, so I don't have much to compare it to. The main use for this tractor will be lawn maintenance, so I opted for turf tires. This summer, I used it for a lot more than cutting grass though, as I did a lot of tree pruning and dirt moving in preparing the property for horses. So far, it has done everything I have asked it to, without any issues. I cut about 5 acres of grass weekly, during the warm season. I opted for the 62 inch MM drive-on deck. Easy to install and take off. I also ordered a 200CX FEL and ballast box for the 3 point hitch; both also easy to install and remove. I used the tractor over the summer to move several tons of dirt and 18 cubic yards of limestone dust, fixing up the barn to get it ready for my wife's horses. The FEL was a real back-saver. I don't know how I would have done all that dirt moving without it. I also borrowed a neighbors post-hole digger to puch 33 holes in the ground for some new fencing to split the pastures. The 2320 did the job just fine in under 3 hours, in spite of all the shale in the ground. I just rigged it up this past week-end for winter, installing the 54" snow blade. The one down side is that in switching over from the cutting deck to the snow blade, I had to put a different receiver hitch on the front of the tractor. It takes only a minute to do, but still, you would think that they could engineer it so that the same hitch would work for all implements. I also performed he first 50 hour service on it this past weekend (engine oil and filter change, hydraulic fluid and filter change, hydraulic strainer screen remove/clean/reinstall). This went well, but a few beefs I have about the design: 1. The oil fill is located on the right side of the engine, and opens at a 45 degree angle. It is a PITA pouring 10W40 oil into that fill opening in cool weather. I purchased a 5 gallon pail of oil at a good price. I poured oil, one quart at a time, into a measuring funnel that has a flexible tube to make sure the oil actually made it in to engine. 10W40 does not flow that easily in 50 degree temperature through a 1/2 inch diameter tube. Next oil change, maybe I can find a better delivery system. 2. The oil filter is located on the side of the engine. When removed, oil runs down the side of the engine, onto the frame, and spreads all under the tractor. Next time, I will know to use a sheet of cardboard to catch the run-off and direct it into the drain pan. 3. Hydraulic screen is located on the back of the tranny. You have to disconnect the 3 point hitch pivot and right draft arm to gain access to the housing cover. Easy enough to do, but still something that a little fore-thought in the design could have avoided. 4. The hydraulic screen cover is situated such that, when remover, hydraulic fluid runs out all over the rear frame, again spreading to parts unknown under the tractor. I'm not sure even a sheet of cardboard could have prevented this mess. All relatively minor beefs, as I worked on diesel rigs several years ago and ran into many more severe asinine design situations on the trucks. All in all, I am happy with my purchase. The 0% financing along with the 3 year warranty is what made the difference in deciding between a used unit and a new unit.

Pros: Reliable, powerful enough for routinely cutting 5-10 acres in a few hours, nice tight turning radius, and even my wife can operate it.
Cons: Oil changes are messy. Filters are pricey.

Photo Uploads:

5.00 star(s)
bellygunner

2320 John Deere
My 2320

I upgraded to this tractor my a 16 hp, compact diesel Kubota. This tractor has 24 hp and I purchased a front loader, a front snow blower and a rear mowing deck. Absolutely love the tractor. I've got a big yard that used to take about eight hours to mow. Now it's done in two. My drive is 1/8 mile from the top of the hill I live on to the road and I can blow it out (going both down and up hill) in 4 passes. The loader is a "jack of all trades" implement that I use for a whole lot of things. The tractor will pull a 4x8 trailer with 4 foot sides that's heaped with firewood out of the woods. Couldn't be any happier with the unit.

Pros: Size, power, traction.
Cons: Attachments a bit pricey.

Photo Uploads:

[ad placeholder]

John Deere 2320 Owner Pages

View owner pages to see photos, customization and comments about member-owner John Deere 2320s

John Deere 2320 Community Rankings

#80 user rating of 732 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#4 Viewed of 732 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#2 discussed of 732 Under 25 HP Tractors items
#638 user rating of 27046 items overall
#33 Viewed of 27046 items overall
#8 discussed of 27046 items overall
#5 Ranking of Most-OwnerPages in 27046 items overall