Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT

/ Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #31  
When I got my new New Holland WM25, most things were way better than the old used Kubota B6200. But one thing that wasn't was the exhaust, which was low and forward so I'm often driving through my smoke. I don't get why this is supposed to be ok -- and anyhow I have chronic bronchitis and can't tolerate it well.

So I finally finished the modification pictured here. I chopped the existing exhaust pipe about a foot or so after the muffler, mounted a vertical exhaust pipe, and joined these together with a length of flexible exhaust pipe. The mount parts are 1/2" by 2", and 3/8" by 3", mild steel from McMaster. I did get a shop to do the weld, but the cutting and drilling I did at home. The assembly clamps onto the very solid upright of my FEL mount, very firmly (I used four 1/2" Grade 8 bolts torqued to spec). I didn't cut or drill anything on the tractor, other than shortening the existing exhaust pipe. Loader and hood operate normally.

View attachment 762810View attachment 762811

I see a good sized tree branch that you do not notice will "adjust this for you. It really needs some support near the canopy. My LS P7010C has a vertical stack that runs up by the cab. Has a support in a rubber grommet for vibration and movement. 800+ hours and its still in one piece. Otherwise nice job.

CT

/ Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #32  
When I got my new New Holland WM25, most things were way better than the old used Kubota B6200. But one thing that wasn't was the exhaust, which was low and forward so I'm often driving through my smoke. I don't get why this is supposed to be ok -- and anyhow I have chronic bronchitis and can't tolerate it well.

So I finally finished the modification pictured here. I chopped the existing exhaust pipe about a foot or so after the muffler, mounted a vertical exhaust pipe, and joined these together with a length of flexible exhaust pipe. The mount parts are 1/2" by 2", and 3/8" by 3", mild steel from McMaster. I did get a shop to do the weld, but the cutting and drilling I did at home. The assembly clamps onto the very solid upright of my FEL mount, very firmly (I used four 1/2" Grade 8 bolts torqued to spec). I didn't cut or drill anything on the tractor, other than shortening the existing exhaust pipe. Loader and hood operate normally.

Great picture, I agree with you.

/ Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #33  
Don't' forget to put a can on the top if you leave it out in the weather. Gonna be a bit hard to reach. Had to do that with my old Ford 1700. I much prefer the exhaust going out the front. That modification wouldn't last a day on my tree farm.

/ Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #34  

/ Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #35  
Very Nice job on the conversion ! For me the only time the front exhaust bothers is when I first start the tractor and have to walk in front of it to open the two sliding garage doors. But my tractor is equipped with a factory cab and fortunately don’t suffer with bronchitis.
Looks good but I can't tell from the picture, do you have a weather flapper on the exhaust to keep the rain out? You will want that. Gyll Stanford

/ Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #36  
My wife's family had a Ford 601, gas. A 1961 model. The exhaust pipe on it did run down and out the rear of the open station tractor. Not aware any cab 601's were made but wanted to make it clear. After years moved it up exhaust for believe it or not it was a major issue when hooking up or unhooking implements, pto shafts or the big one, when using an implement people rode on. Not sure there is a perfect design, but each design has it's benefits and weakness. Just pick what is best for you and your needs.

My thought, never tried it, but if you have issue with your straight pipe why could you not cut it shorter and have a piece made and have a belled end on it that will slipped onto the mounted pipe when you are not facing height issues? Needs to be snug enough to stay in place but still be able to twist off and on.