Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT

/ Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #21  
How do you get the hood open?
The hood opens normally, as its hinged in the rear near the instrument cluster, with the release lever on the right front, just behind the grill guard. The exhaust exits low, front left, under the side panel in nearly the stock location, then follows the grill guard up to the limb riser. Very protected, tucked in close.

/ Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #22  
This is what I should do. Since I stole a lot of your roll cage ideas I might as well take your exhaust ideas too. Thanks.

gg
Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery... steal away! Many of the things I do are based on ideas gained from others, sharing in a similar manner. That's why we are here, right?

/ Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #23  
Hello Small Change, Nice job, and tidily done.
Food for thought, On the MF135 and MF240, the manifild has a nut ,factory welded onto it and a small hole drilled into the manifold to drain rainwater away before the water reaches the head.

/ Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #24  
I agree with the rear exit sentiment... dad's ol' Massey 135 diesel has that, you dont notice the exhaust during operation. The exception is when hooking up 3PH implements, as the tractor has some age on it and injectors wear, the fumes in your face hooking up the PTO are obnoxious. Obviously, shutting down the motor would solve that issue, but I tolerate it the infrequent times I use it, as I prefer to not stop/start diesel engines afew minutes apart any more than necessary.
Same with my MF 135. Exhaust exits under rear axle. I get gassed (diesel’d) and stinky hooking up implements. I love the Tier 4 stuff I have as it doesn’t stink up the shop or me.

Last edited:
   / Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #25  
Nice fabrication. No fun breathing fumes.
Had a vertical exhausts on backhoe, B20 and M5030. Had to have strong supports from the cabs to near top of exhaust pipe. Even with extra support limbs and grape vines would damage stacks all the time. Also could feel the heat from the stack when summer mowing. Pros and cons.

Maybe it’s the Stanadyne additive to fuel but see very little smoke or unpleasant fumes when running when the lower exhausts on the M59 and B26?

/ Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #27  
Route it out the back and don't risk bending the exhaust pipe or manifold flange.

/ Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #28  
Looks good. I think they use the down towards the front exhaust for couple maybe three reasons: cleaner view of front-end loader, clearance for those who need to fold roll over bar say for shed and really just height clearance such as for shed. So will stick with a couple of reason
Anothder reason: vertical exhaust stacks can get whacked by tree branches. I use my tractor a lot in the woods, so I do not care for vertical stacks. Mine exhausts to the side, just in front of the front tire.

/ Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #29  
We get lots of rain down here in Florida. I'd be a little concerned about an open vertical stack.
My tractor sits still a lot of the time so rain water might cause a problem.

/ Put a vertical exhaust stack on my CUT #30  
When I got my new New Holland WM25, most things were way better than the old used Kubota B6200. But one thing that wasn't was the exhaust, which was low and forward so I'm often driving through my smoke. I don't get why this is supposed to be ok -- and anyhow I have chronic bronchitis and can't tolerate it well.

So I finally finished the modification pictured here. I chopped the existing exhaust pipe about a foot or so after the muffler, mounted a vertical exhaust pipe, and joined these together with a length of flexible exhaust pipe. The mount parts are 1/2" by 2", and 3/8" by 3", mild steel from McMaster. I did get a shop to do the weld, but the cutting and drilling I did at home. The assembly clamps onto the very solid upright of my FEL mount, very firmly (I used four 1/2" Grade 8 bolts torqued to spec). I didn't cut or drill anything on the tractor, other than shortening the existing exhaust pipe. Loader and hood operate normally.

View attachment 762810View attachment 762811
When I got my new New Holland WM25, most things were way better than the old used Kubota B6200. But one thing that wasn't was the exhaust, which was low and forward so I'm often driving through my smoke. I don't get why this is supposed to be ok -- and anyhow I have chronic bronchitis and can't tolerate it well.

So I finally finished the modification pictured here. I chopped the existing exhaust pipe about a foot or so after the muffler, mounted a vertical exhaust pipe, and joined these together with a length of flexible exhaust pipe. The mount parts are 1/2" by 2", and 3/8" by 3", mild steel from McMaster. I did get a shop to do the weld, but the cutting and drilling I did at home. The assembly clamps onto the very solid upright of my FEL mount, very firmly (I used four 1/2" Grade 8 bolts torqued to spec). I didn't cut or drill anything on the tractor, other than shortening the existing exhaust pipe. Loader and hood operate normally.

View attachment 762810View attachment 762811
I have a 2009 John Deere 4320 and the exhaust literally points to the ground and it blows dust and dirt up all over the place. It is a terrible design. I am going to modify it also.