Another Firewood Processor

/ Another Firewood Processor
Well, that's a 9 hour drive one way so it's a bit closer.

/ Another Firewood Processor #153  
Well, that's a 9 hour drive one way so it's a bit closer.

If you really want one see if the seller is willing to strap it to a pallet and bring it to fastenall. There store to store shipping is very reasonable.

I have e-mailed the seller about multiple possibilities. Thank you for posting the add.
Greatly appreciated.

/ Another Firewood Processor #155  
Put the first log through the processor this evening. Made no adjustments to any valves as of yet. Still have a rats nest of hoses. Waiting to see how things come off the wedge before we build the splitter outfeed grates.
How'd it run? Not too shabby...

where you buy hyd saw with bar and frame ? I still look for hyd saw with bar and frame. I try homemade firewood processor.:)

I designed the saw plate /frame and had it machined. I Purchased the bar, hydraulic motor, sprocket, etc.

They can be purchased. I loosely based my design off of Danzco's saws.

Hydraulic Chain Saws

They sell basic to complete saw packages.

/ Another Firewood Processor #157  
I designed the saw plate /frame and had it machined. I Purchased the bar, hydraulic motor, sprocket, etc.

They can be purchased. I loosely based my design off of Danzco's saws.

Hydraulic Chain Saws

They sell basic to complete saw packages.

Nice build would you have sketch of your saw plate and frame so I could get one machined if its okay with you .Could you tell me when you cut you round what is the drop distance to your I beam thanks Peter

Nice build would you have sketch of your saw plate and frame so I could get one machined if its okay with you .Could you tell me when you cut you round what is the drop distance to your I beam thanks Peter

Honestly that is the one piece that I really don't feel comfortable giving out.
A little ways up I said that I loosely based it off of Danzco's design... Well, in all honesty, I pretty much ripped it right off.

I have no idea if they have any patents on their saw design, I didn't look anything up.
I feel OK copying it for my own use since I am not distributing it or profiting from it. But once I make it public, then I kind of feel bad about putting a design replica out there.

If someone has questions about general design ideas I have no problem helping out. Or if someone does the legwork to say that they have no patents or this is all common knowledge / unpatentable then I guess I'm OK with it.

Here is the parts list. As mentioned before I would now go with a hydraulic motor that is one size larger in displacement to get more torque.

Lastly, when cut our log will drop about 27-1/2" to the beam.
Saw Parts List.png