Another Firewood Processor

/ Another Firewood Processor #141  
Looks like muddstopper answered most all of Jonix's questions while I was away.
All but the chain, we are running Oregon 18HX chain.

We're not going out of our way to replace the saw motor now. Like you say we will wait until we blow out the seals and then we will see which way we want to go. Unless we change our engine setup I imagine that we will trade some chain speed for a bit more torque. I did find a 49hp Isuzu diesel for $1500. That didn't sound too bad...

I just found a Isuzu 4 cylinder diesel for $500

/ Another Firewood Processor
Nice! Most rebuilt engines I see in that HP range are $3000 - $4000 and many have a core charge.
Any particular websites or places you look at for unwanted diesels?

Not sure I mentioned it but as expected those two twin cylinder engines are thirsty.
We probably use 15 to 20 gal per tri-axle load of logs. ~6 full cord

/ Another Firewood Processor #144  
I got one of those Isuszu diesels setting below the garage right now. Complete Pup truck. Truck is a rust bucket, but the motor was good when I parked it there. I believe the motor is rated for 51hp. I Paid $300 for the truck just to get the engine to power my processor. Little project kind of out grew the motor before I got a chance to use it. If anybody close or is willing to make the trip, needs such a motor, I'll take my money back for it.

I wish, at about 700 miles one way we'll probably try to look for one that's closer.

/ Another Firewood Processor #146  
I got one of those Isuszu diesels setting below the garage right now. Complete Pup truck. Truck is a rust bucket, but the motor was good when I parked it there. I believe the motor is rated for 51hp. I Paid $300 for the truck just to get the engine to power my processor. Little project kind of out grew the motor before I got a chance to use it. If anybody close or is willing to make the trip, needs such a motor, I'll take my money back for it.

Where you from

/ Another Firewood Processor #147  
Western NC, right on the Tenn/Ga state line. Probably a 2 day round trip for either of you guys. I have drove over 2000 miles stopping to get gas and food, been trying to forget those days. I aint as young as i used to be.

/ Another Firewood Processor #148  
Western NC, right on the Tenn/Ga state line. Probably a 2 day round trip for either of you guys. I have drove over 2000 miles stopping to get gas and food, been trying to forget those days. I aint as young as i used to be.

Yea I'll pass. I'll give you a extra $25 for delivery. Lol