ZTR Puffer Experience?

/ ZTR Puffer Experience? #1  

Monster5601

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B3030 R4 Tires
Has anyone tried a ZTR Puffer (ZTR Puffer | Seat Suspension for Your Zero Turn Mower) on their ZD series mower while keeping the factory seat?

Their website claims compatibility with the ZD series but after asking them and (promptly) getting their email response, the compatibility is nothing more than the standard seat bolting pattern.

The question is, can the mechanical suspension in the seat be removed or defeated to allow the ZTR Puffer's air ride to take over the duties of the suspension. ZTR Puffer FAQs states the mechanical suspension should not be part of the suspension once the Puffer is installed. My back is screaming for air ride at the same time wanting to keep the confortable and well sized seating real estate the factory seat offers. I realize the Puffer will rasie the seating profile which is actually welcome since I am overly tall. I've watched Eric's videos on both the Michigan and Grammer seats, I don't want to loose seat real estate.

Thanks for any information you can share. I really do not want to pull the seat off the mower and start looking to see what needs to be done without having the Puffer here ready to go. Nor do I want to order it just to discover I can't defeat the factory suspension forcing me to return the Puffer and of couse, paying the $60 dollars of round trip shipping.

/ ZTR Puffer Experience? #2  
Wow, $450 + shipping!

/ ZTR Puffer Experience? #5  
Did adding the Grammer air ride base reduce the bilateral forces?

I can't find the Grammer base, can you provide the complete part number of the air ride base?

I will have to try it again while thinking about the side to side motion. Off hand it's likely comparable, the Grammer base has a pretty rigid setup without side to side slop. You do sit taller in the seat than the OEM base so that might contribute towards head bobble if you have a lot of side to side action on your lawn. Overall I feel a lot less shake-n-bake with the air suspension seat and I don't regret it. No more harsh jarring bumps. No regrets other than I should have done it sooner.

The part number I have from the seat distributer is 75-SUS-12 which is for the MSG75 low profile seat base. I ordered from darbymanufacturing.com out of Sudbury - they are helpful and very good to deal with and I got my order very quickly. I will definitely use them again when I finally order a new swivel air seat for my M59.

/ ZTR Puffer Experience?
Thanks Mike, the information you provided was most helpful. If I can locate the Grammer base I'll go that route otherwise I'll try the Puffer and hope for the best.