ZTR/ Lawn Tractor Under Deck No Stick

/ ZTR/ Lawn Tractor Under Deck No Stick #1  

Spike56

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 2355
I'm certain this may have been discussed previously, but has anyone found a product or treatment to stop grass from sticking under the deck ? I have heard / read of several things to "try" and claims this or taht works, but have not found these work for me. Ideally, there would be a spray or some such product that works ?
Just looking for someone who has had success, without it being a *major* PIA. My current ZTR does not have wash ports. My last ZTR did, but really... they did not work that well.

/ ZTR/ Lawn Tractor Under Deck No Stick #2  
I have heard of several different things tried but didn’t work, one of the worst I saw someone do was smearing roofing tar all over the underside of the deck. What a mess that was. I always hose off my deck after each mow and it stays pretty clean. Those wash ports are a joke. I do coat the underneath of my deck with LPS #3 a couple of times each mowing season and not much sticks to it.

/ ZTR/ Lawn Tractor Under Deck No Stick #3  
Fluid film or some coating helps for about an hour, but nothing will work long term and water is the enemy for bearings.

Best solution don't cut when grass is wet or damp, use gator blades or high lift blades to move more air/grass. I scrape/clean the deck mid and end of season when I sharpen the blades.

/ ZTR/ Lawn Tractor Under Deck No Stick #4  
Fluid film is the most common thing landscapers spray under there, but honestly you're not going to get out alive w/o scraping. So, learn to love it haha!

/ ZTR/ Lawn Tractor Under Deck No Stick #6  
I use the water port on my tractors, and install them on ones that don't. over 15 years on original bearings, and i don't scrap a damn thing. once a year I may pull it and there is a little that the water doesn't get off, but luggin the hose is a lot easier then trying to pull a deck

/ ZTR/ Lawn Tractor Under Deck No Stick #7  
Nothing has ever worked for me on my zero turn.

I just jack it up every once and awhile and scrape the caked up mud/grass off. Works good enough for me. Relatively quick and easy.

After the last mow of the Fall, I power wash the underside (and the whole mower)

/ ZTR/ Lawn Tractor Under Deck No Stick #8  
Me, I attach a chain to the front end and lift them up with one of the tractor loaders and wash them off in the fall and call it good. Not **** about cutting grass or washing the underside of the deck off either and fall is when I change out blades too,

/ ZTR/ Lawn Tractor Under Deck No Stick #9  
My system is probably 'not for everyone', but I simply pull the mower over a small pile of wood chips. Run it for a minute or two, and it's once again sparkling clean.