Zero Turn front tires

/ Zero Turn front tires #1  

tradosaurus

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5400 HST, heavy duty bucket, 3rd function, R1 tires (rears filled), 2 remotes
My front tires keep losing air (slowly) and I'm tired of putting air in the tires. I have to use a foot pump because the valves are difficult to access.

Anyone use solid tires on the front of their zero turn?

Front Solid Tire Puncture Proof

/ Zero Turn front tires #2  
Yes. Had the same issue as you with one of the tires. Replacement them both with solid tires and have been just fine.

However, mine came from Ebay and were less than half the price of your Amazon ones. But they were purchased back in 2020.

/ Zero Turn front tires #3  
Call me confused, but the cross-section photo in your amazon link shows a hollow tire. Understood the rubber thickness is greater than an inflatable, but still looks like it relies on some retention of factory-installed air? What happens when it temperature cycles, does it act like an empty gas can?

/ Zero Turn front tires
Yes. Had the same issue as you with one of the tires. Replacement them both with solid tires and have been just fine.

However, mine came from Ebay and were less than half the price of your Amazon ones. But they were purchased back in 2020.

The price on Amazon is for 2 tires. But there are cheaper alternatives. Just seeking input.

/ Zero Turn front tires #5  
Call me confused, but the cross-section photo in your amazon link shows a hollow tire. Understood the rubber thickness is greater than an inflatable, but still looks like it relies on some retention of factory-installed air? What happens when it temperature cycles, does it act like an empty gas can?
I'd suspect that the rubber thickness provides enough rigidity that the interior of the tire doesn't need to be at pressure.

/ Zero Turn front tires #8  
Fill them with foam?

/ Zero Turn front tires #9  
I think they are technically called a semi-pneumatic.

Meaning they arent solid rubber, but dont take air either.

And to answer your question....most commercial grade zero turns use them. Mt scag included. You will have no issues at all if they are the right size and will appreciate not having to constantly add air

/ Zero Turn front tires
Thanks for the input.

I'm trying the Tireject sealant for the two front tires. One 10 oz should service both tires.

If this doesn't hold then I will go to new tires.