Zen noh Tractor

/ Zen noh Tractor #1  

cantgetright

Tractor
1943 9n/2n
I am considering buying a "grey market tractor" and would like a little information on such a creature. The tractor in mind is a Zen Noh ZL2000DT. It is a 3 cylinder diesel 4wd with a Bush Hog 1846qt front end loader. I can buy this combo for $4500. The tractor has less than 200 hours on it and the front end loader is brand new. Seems like a pretty good price. My main concern would be parts. What Kubota tractor is this one modeled after. I talked to a Kubota dealer and they give me a run around, so I thought wouldnt it be nice if I knew what tractor number to get parts for under the Kubota name so as not to hear no more lip. Any help would be appreciated. Also could someone tell me how much horsepower this one is rated? Thanks, Tony. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Zen noh Tractor #2  
I can't help with what U.S. Kubota it would be, but as for hp, it is about 20pto hp, and about 24 engine hp.

/ Zen noh Tractor #3  
Try Homestead tractor. They used to sell gray market Kubota tractors. http://www.hstsales.com/
If they can't get the information, search for a current gray kubota dealer in Canada or Australia for information.
Try this site http://www.tractorsmart.com/mall/lobby.asp
It has good general info on Kubota tractors and have manuals for download if you can figure out a good crosses.
Cameron

/ Zen noh Tractor #4  
Sounds like a very good price to me. I have an L2201DT and it is the same as an L245DT American except for the 4 speed PTO. 24 horse(?). DT1101 3 cylinder engine. I paid about $3800 for mine with no accessories and I had to rebuild the front knuckles (oil leaks). Great tractor . Kubota will not suppot these tractors here as they are "grey".

/ Zen noh Tractor #5  
I had a grey kubota L1500DT (no loader) which I used mainly for mowing and grading for 9 years. I paid #3900.00 for it, used it for around 800 hours and sold it to my brother inlaw for $4000.00 (NO.... I don't feel guilty) It's still working great !! Your price sounds great..........If I needed another tractor I wouldn't hesitate to buy another kubota.......They're tough little tractors........Tom

/ Zen noh Tractor #6  
Keep in mind that Zen noh is not a tractor brand or type. Zen noh is a Japanese farm co-op that buys tractors and relables them with the Zen noh name. I have a Yanmar 1401D that is labeled as a Zen noh.

/ Zen noh Tractor #7  
Usually, Zen-Noh (the co-op) keeps the same size as the tractor originally had (ZL2000DT), or they may preface it with a "Z", (L2000DT).

Used Kubota's can be imported to the USA, but only under a different name, and without making reference to being a Kubota in the advertising. Kubota dealers will probably not help, and may not be allowed to help due to their franchising agreements.

/ Zen noh Tractor #8  
My importer wouldn't let me buy any Kubotas under the Zen-Noh name because they are still Kubota

Eugene

/ Zen noh Tractor #9  
The gossip I got was that an importer in California patented the Zen Noh name in the US. He is the only importer of them now and is trying to get all grey's labeled with Zen Noh so he can get a cut. Again, gossip.

/ Zen noh Tractor #10  
It is true. I contacted my buddy at Customs. Wallace International bought the Zen-Noh trademark and he authorizes other dealers to import Zen-Noh for a fee. It is outrageous that one can buy a trademark for $800 that is the same as a foreign company and control the importing of their used products which are not even built by them. See http://www.wallace-intl.com/graymarket.htm for his explanation. The relabeling of tractors is product misrepresentation.