ZD21 vs ZD321

/ ZD21 vs ZD321 #1  

Kays Supply

Veteran Member
Tractor
Iseki TA 207
I have a ZD21 I couldn't be happier with. What are the differences between the 21 and 321 for $3000?

/ ZD21 vs ZD321 #2  
The cost of the two machines is about the same, are you looking at a $3000 cost difference to trade?

Basicly its a deeper deck, better egronomics, better parking break, and a transmission with twice the flow - more torque / less noise, a bit higher ground speed. Its really a nice set of improvments to an already great mower.

/ ZD21 vs ZD321
Thanks, I haven't talked trade. That number came from another post showing 2007 prices. I use mine for my lawn. I am so happy with it, I wouldn't need to trade for the improvements to the new one.

/ ZD21 vs ZD321 #4  
I dunno, I sure would like a maintenance hatch.

/ ZD21 vs ZD321
I got to look at one at a trade show last week. I have already started to look at cutting a hatch in the floor of mine like the 321.

/ ZD21 vs ZD321 #6  
Heh, I was at my dealer today dropping off a bent connecting link for my 2120, and asked them to check with Kubota to see what their thoughts were on me putting one in my ZD28. The man I talked to gets online with them regular and is going to ask them about it. If they was smart, they'd come up with a retrofit kit. I don't think anybody would trade just for the hatch, so it shouldn't hurt sales. Course I've thought about it.

/ ZD21 vs ZD321 #7  
did the did today
got the zd326 sitting in my garage,
my first z turn mower and mans its awsome !!!! just had to mow something so i knocked the top off of the yard i was done in 5 minutes ok maybe 7 this thing is awsome, its quiet and very comfortable. I only dug one hole but that was in a wet spot where i tried to spin around to fast. its going to take some getting used to but there is no turning back now !!

/ ZD21 vs ZD321 #8  
I leave a few skid marks here and there myself, but they always seem to be gone by the next mowing. Practice does help. It's -9F here this morning. Hard to picture someone out mowing.

/ ZD21 vs ZD321 #9  
Workinallthetime,

Congrats on the new machine!

/ ZD21 vs ZD321 #10  
tawilson said:
I dunno, I sure would like a maintenance hatch.

For my zd21, I took a sawzall and cut a notch out of the edge of the deck at the brake pedal. With that done, all you have to do is take a few bolts off to remove the deck. I think there are 7 bolts holding the deck down but I've only been using 3 or 4 with no rattles or other problems.
Oh yea, take the deck off before cutting :(