z850a with 31hp Kaw....wiring diagram

/ z850a with 31hp Kaw....wiring diagram #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
My uncle is having an issue with his mower. He's not too handy working on things.

I was over there last week because it wouldnt start. Park brake wasnt set that time....but they have been having issues. After setting the park brake, sometimes it took a few trys cycling the key.

Pulled the hot wire going to the starter solenoid from the key switch and put the volt meter on it. Was getting some erratic and fluctuating voltage. I told him its likely he just needs to replace the hey switch. In the mean time, I showed him how to jump it with an alligator clip/wire from a hot to the starter solenoid.

Well he not only replaced the keyswitch, but the PTO switch, both coils, and plugs. And now they cannot get it to start. It wont crank and when cranking via jumping the start solenoid it wont fire.

Im assuming they didnt get the coils gapped properly....But the no crank with the key needs addressed.

The ONLY safetys on it are the pto switch and a park brake. This mower doesnt have limit switches on the handles.

The problem is im flying blind. Cant find a wiring diagram without someone wanting to sell a service manual.

I work on toros and scags all the time. And full schematics are readily avaliable on both toro and scags websites.

Anyone got a link or a screenshot of the wiring diagram for a z850a?

/ z850a with 31hp Kaw....wiring diagram
Cancel the request for a schematic. Mice chewed the main harness.

IMG_20220706_114806627_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220706_114823060_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220706_114833409_HDR.jpg

IMG_20220706_114902042_HDR.jpg

/ z850a with 31hp Kaw....wiring diagram #3  
Sad to see that. Does he store this outside ?

/ z850a with 31hp Kaw....wiring diagram
In a barn

/ z850a with 31hp Kaw....wiring diagram #5  
Good to store with mouse poison around (and in) the chassis. Now that the mice have nested in the wiring, then a good rinsing with a bleach solution will help getting rid of the mouse urine odor which if not corrected will lead the mice to come right back and nest again. That is just what mice do. But the bleach and poison work well for me. Traps can work too but more maintenance than poison.