Z700 Series

/ Z700 Series #11  
I bought a new ZTR last year and looked very hard at the Z700 but for a little bit more the Z900 series looked even better and handled better. I believe you would be happy with either of those series ZTR's.

/ Z700 Series #12  
Yes, the front jack option I think will be a must. Even if it is easier to take the mower off, these things weigh a ton. Kubota's are 8 gauge & JD are 9 or 10 gauge.

The ramp idea is also a consideration. Not sure if the jack option raises the front end high enough. Either way, will have to lie on my back to either remove the blades or clean the bottom of hardened grass clippings.

timswi ..... when you say you cross your sand berm do you mean up & down or actually across sideways ??

Thanks
I go across and up and down. As I mentioned, accross is a bit of a but puckerer but it's stable--I only do that a few times a season. Mainly up and down...It's pretty steep and this thing is surprisingly stable...Never had a feeling of it wanting to go over.

I love everything about mine and maintenance is pretty easy. The only thing is it's crankin loud. My neighbor 1000 feet away says it sounds like life flight coming in lol. Hearing protection is a must.

/ Z700 Series #13  
Yes, the front jack option I think will be a must. Even if it is easier to take the mower off, these things weigh a ton. Kubota's are 8 gauge & JD are 9 or 10 gauge.

The ramp idea is also a consideration. Not sure if the jack option raises the front end high enough. Either way, will have to lie on my back to either remove the blades or clean the bottom of hardened grass clippings.

...snip.....

Here is one of the best options if you want to avoid laying on your back to service the deck:

Kubota F models are front deck mowers and have a hydraulic deck lift making deck service possible without ramps.

They are pricey, which is the reason mine is model year 1996 ex. commercial mower with relatively high hours.
Had to do fair bit of rebuilding duo to wear, but now that's done and it will probably outlast me?

IMG_2717.jpg P1070794.JPG

Edit:
To be fair, there are other brand front deck mowers which may, or may not have similar deck "flip" option.

John Deere F935.png New Holland G6035.png Toro 328-D.png Grasshopper 729 BT.png

John Deere, New Holland, Toro, Grasshopper and there may be others?

Last edited:
   / Z700 Series #14  
I agree. I cleaned my Z726X deck out by driving it on ramps and then laying on my back. No fun.

However, based on pure build quality and performance for that particular market, I would buy another in a heart-beat, no second guesses.

If my only criteria was zero turn capabilities, it would be a Grasshopper or equivalent like a Woods Mown

timswi ..... when you say you cross your sand berm do you mean up & down or actually across sideways ??

Thanks

machine

/ Z700 Series #15  
Also, my Z726X was extremely loud. They is another reason I sold it. I went from a BX with a smooth running relatively "quiet" motor under a hood to the Z7 with a screaming twin cylinder right behind my head. I always doubled up hearing protection. I'm no stranger to loud noises, I've worked at a power plant, shoot, run heavy equip etc but something about that mower just made it very annoying.

So, all that said, it's a solid machine, I'd buy another in a heartbeat if I needed a high performance lighter weight mid mount style Z.

Otherwise, if it was just zero turn capabilities, a Grasshopper would be my next pick.

Obviously for pure mowing bliss it would be an out front mower with a diesel lol

I'm always watching for a good deal on a Kubota F series... just haven't came across the right deal for me yet.

/ Z700 Series
Dealer here in Canada (Southpoint) dies not even answer my e-mails. Went there for a Look at a demo 751kwi but he was busy (only 1 sales rep on duty ?) with another customer. E-mailed him again that night ... no response. So I checked out the JD Z740R but the dealership indicated none available. I would have to order THIS November. I think Kubota is in the same predicament. They do not have 700's available. At least not in my area. DISAPPOINTING.

/ Z700 Series #17  
Here is one of the best options if you want to avoid laying on your back to service the deck:

Kubota F models are front deck mowers and have a hydraulic deck lift making deck service possible without ramps.

They are pricey, which is the reason mine is model year 1996 ex. commercial mower with relatively high hours.
Had to do fair bit of rebuilding duo to wear, but now that's done and it will probably outlast me?

View attachment 747851 View attachment 747852

Edit:
To be fair, there are other brand front deck mowers which may, or may not have similar deck "flip" option.

View attachment 748100 View attachment 748101 View attachment 748102 View attachment 748103

John Deere, New Holland, Toro, Grasshopper and there may be others?

Here is a side-view photo yesterday of flipped deck:

IMG_5415.jpg

/ Z700 Series #18  
My ZT needs cleaned under deck a lot less than my rider did.

/ Z700 Series
Nice pic of the F3060 but I would imagine they are pricey. Kubota has STILL not got back to me regarding buying a mower. I think the US is getting whatever gets built. Too much demand. :(

/ Z700 Series #20  
Thanks, yes they are little pricey but so is most enything that was designed & built to last.
It's basically a small commercial use 4x4 tractor with 30 hp 4 cylinder Diesel, built to be driven backwards.

Mechanic.jpg