Yuppie toys?

/ Yuppie toys?
Btw, folks. I did not mean to imply that if you have a PT but don't use it for commercial work that it's then a "yuppie toy". I hope no one took any offense, because none was intended!

/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Dave

/ Yuppie toys? #12  
No, for me it is a tool. Sometimes I joke and call it my $18,000 wheelbarrow.
If you buy enough implements, it becomes a swiss army tractor.

About three hundred hours out of the 1000 that are on it were from side jobs for a six month stint I was full time.

Now around here, tractor service companies are as abundant as lawn care companies were ten years ago

/ Yuppie toys? #14  
Dave,

Your power tracks are much too industrial looking to be called Yuppie toys. Now my Boomer, well, that's another story /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Yuppie toys?
/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif Might be a stupid question, but what's a "boomer"? /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

Dave

/ Yuppie toys? #16  
Boomers are a line of tractor by New Holland directed at, you guessed it, baby boomers, ie. kids of world war two parents.

/ Yuppie toys? #17  
A boomer is what NH calls their line of compact tractors (the TC's). check out <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=buynh&Number=110413&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1>Beauty contest</A>

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=photos&Number=155650&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=>Here are some pictures of steelfan & his TC21D</A>

/ Yuppie toys? #18  
<font color=blue>directed at, you guessed it, baby boomers</font color=blue>

Oops, I'm a genXer, what was I supposed to buy?

/ Yuppie toys? #19  
<font color=blue>I'm thinking the folks who roll their eyes at me buying the old tractor are just jealous...</font color=blue>

To each his own...
Some people have their motorcycles... their boats... their snowmobiles... their campers... their hot rods... their whatever! Most of these things are used for only short periods of time each year for recreation. I tell these people that if that's your thing... do it! I can't help it if I use MY toy all year round for doing things around the yard that is my recreation /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

John M

/ Yuppie toys? #20  
A GenXer! Hey, aren't you supposed to be moving back in with your folks right about now? /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Ooooo, Just kidding! That was a joke. Don't blast me please.

But seriously, what else could Boomer stand for?

BTW, You bought a fine machine. I considered the 21HP boomer. It was a beautiful machine and the most comfortable of all the tractors that I tested. Really top quality with some great features. I was just tired of the 'traditional' tractor and figured there had to be a better way and the Power Trac 400 series seemed like the right choice for me. So far it has been. /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif