Tractor
Kubota B7800
Still 20 or more miles away. but...

Attachments

• Fire.jpg
    Fire.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 215
   / Yup... It's that time of year! #3  
Other than a line of clouds, what is it?

/ Yup... It's that time of year! #4  
Fire. We lost half our town and portions of the surrounding areas to fire four years ago. A very scary thing to go through

/ Yup... It's that time of year!
It's up to almost 19.000 acres, about 30 square miles now and only 30% contained.

Resources on scene include:
113 engines
3 air tankers
2 DC-10 VLAT (Very Large Air Tankers)
18 helicopters
4 support planes
44 crews
18 water tenders
11 dozers
1922 personnel assigned to the fire

/ Yup... It's that time of year! #6  
Are you (and any other TBN member) set up to defend your property?

I ask this as bushfires are a standard concern here in Aus. Of course there are 'bug out' situations, but you do have an option to stay and defend.

I, myself, have a petrol driven portable fire pump with two dedicated fire hose/nozzles plus a line of portable jet sprinklers (water tank sourced); just in case. And all of my trees are at least 20 metres away from the house.

/ Yup... It's that time of year!
Are you (and any other TBN member) set up to defend your property?

I ask this as bushfires are a standard concern here in Aus. Of course there are 'bug out' situations, but you do have an option to stay and defend.

I, myself, have a petrol driven portable fire pump with two dedicated fire hose/nozzles plus a line of portable jet sprinklers (water tank sourced); just in case. And all of my trees are at least 20 metres away from the house.

I have 100' (30 meter) wide fire breaks on the south and west side of my property where wildfires would likely come from. Because it's desert, it's literally bare ground, not even grass. I have 30' wide on the other 2 sides just because there are dirt roads there and I find cigarette butts from offroaders occasionally.

I also have about 100' clear around my house and shop. Wild fires are very common in the desert and while I have several hundred feet of 1 1/2" fire hose and a gas pump, depending on how high the winds were I might stay or go and let the fire department deal with it. They have a list of which houses they can save and my preparation meets all their requirements.

/ Yup... It's that time of year! #8  
orezok,
That pic is beyond scary. Last year, for the first time in 30 years living here we had to deal with a wildfire. As I witnessed the fire moving towards my property I realized how truly unprotected I was. We were lucky, the Watermelon Hill wildfire just skimmed by the SW corner of my property and was then put out. I have natural firebreaks in the direction any wildfire would approach but last years fire would not have even noticed these because it was being driven by high winds.

I wish you the best and remember: a good insurance policy trumps any lost efforts at heroics.