Your towing rigs and trailers

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,101  
Very nice! Looks like a short bed, how is the turning radius with the camper? I'm just thinking ahead to my next truck.

Six foot four inch bed. I have the hitch set to one inch behind the real axle on the B&W Companion but also have the RAM rear air leveling system which works like a champ. Most new fivers are designed for trucks with the six foot bed to give a minimum of 88 degrees of turn. I have not tested mine yet but the tape measure thinks I can get 90 degrees.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,102  
Picked up 2.5 tons of rip-rap today. First time I have seen enough tongue weight to take the extra lift out of the truck's rear axle.

Ok, I have a question, why would you want to transfer so much weight to the towing vehicle and thus place the trailer wheels so far back? I can load that in my trailer with centered tandem axles with just 100kg on the ball, tows great. There must be a reason for the different schools of thought in designing the trailers?

Br, / Marcus

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,103  
Great White hunter what size trailer is your dump trailer? I've been looking at a 16' Big Tex.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers #2,106  
Got a picture this time of my 2014 5.3 L , 4 x4 Double Cab with 6 ft 6 box attached to my 14 ft Landscape and BX loaded to go to my Daughter's place five hours away for some drive way building work and other helps. I averaged 13 mpg (US) with typical speed of 65 mph on cruise up and down our many hills.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpg
    IMG_0143.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 345
   / Your towing rigs and trailers #2,108  
Got a picture this time of my 2014 5.3 L , 4 x4 Double Cab with 6 ft 6 box attached to my 14 ft Landscape and BX loaded to go to my Daughter's place five hours away for some drive way building work and other helps. I averaged 13 mpg (US) with typical speed of 65 mph on cruise up and down our many hills.

Nice looking combination Jake.

Rgds, D.

/ Your towing rigs and trailers
#2,109  
A few pics of my new toy:dance1:, 2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD All Terrain DMax. The resale of my 2500HD was so high it made this truck a no brainer.

IMG_1149.jpgIMG_1148.jpgIMG_1150.jpg

Matt